Thread: Night Battlemap: A road less traveled

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Unless it's very late at night, there should be light spilling out the windows of the house. At least some of them. Err, unless everyone is dead. If they're dead, then never mind.

Is there a moon out? If so, the buildings would have shadows from the moonlight.

Up at the top end, just above the barn, there appears to be a ladder. I can't tell whether it's leading down into a pit or up onto a promontory. My eyes flipping back and forth between seeing it as a pit/rock outcropping.

The hand-drawn buildings sit oddly on the photorealistic background, at least to my eye.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wdmartin View Post
    Unless it's very late at night, there should be light spilling out the windows of the house. At least some of them. Err, unless everyone is dead. If they're dead, then never mind.

Is there a moon out? If so, the buildings would have shadows from the moonlight.

Up at the top end, just above the barn, there appears to be a ladder. I can't tell whether it's leading down into a pit or up onto a promontory. My eyes flipping back and forth between seeing it as a pit/rock outcropping.

The hand-drawn buildings sit oddly on the photorealistic background, at least to my eye.
    The lights are a bit complicated, the more lights I add the more I have to work out how it affects the shadows of the buildings. But, I'm working on it.

About the pit at the top, it is both, the ladder leads up onto a rock outcropping which happens to have a cave in its center. (I added a few things to make the distinction easier.)

The houses were drawn with pencil, not much I can do about it. But, I did have some ideas.
    Last edited by XCali; 03-16-2018 at 07:55 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Tried a few things to blend stuff better.
    The rock outcropping was cleaned up and a rope was added next to where the ladder climbs up to. I played around with the lights and the shadows, so hopefully, it works better. I changed the landscape a bit to make it fit closer to the buildings and added a bit more detail to the buildings(Still they are and will remain pencil drawn buildings. I will do my best to blend them better.)

I added a small off the beaten track trail that leads away. (There is a strange rock added there as well.)
    Barrels to the fireplace in the left bottom corner.

I think that is all...
    Anyway, tell me what you think.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Night_Battlemap_GRID_A_road less traveled_byOmri.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	105537   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Night_BattleMap_A_road_less_traveled_byOmri.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	105538  
    Last edited by XCali; 03-16-2018 at 09:04 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19