Thread: Hello from a new map maker :-)

Default Hello from a new map maker :-)

My name is Aidan Meighan and I am a cartographer based in Bristol, UK. I graduated from Bristol UWE in 2010 with a degree in Illustration.

Making maps is my passion and full time employment. I work both as an editorial map illustrator and for my company Whereabouts Maps, which offers personalised hand drawn maps and property portraits. I am Represented in Australia and Asia by The Illustration Room Agency and am in-house Map illustrator for Ernest Journal magazine.

My main reason for joining the cartographers guild is that I love looking at what other cartographers are up to, I am also always looking for people to collaborate and work with. If you would be interested in either collaborating or have job in mind then please get in touch. I would love to do more in the world of fantasy cartography.

I am more than happy to offer my advice freely to anyone who would like to hear it.

It is great to meet you all :-)

Please take a moment to look at a few of my recent map commissions.

All the best,

Aidan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IR_5.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	700.1 KB 
ID:	105430

Name:	IR_2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	897.4 KB 
ID:	105429

Name:	IR_3.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	864.3 KB 
ID:	105428

Name:	IR_1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	105427

Name:	IR_14.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	105431

Name:	IR_15.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	105432

Name:	IR_9.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	105433

Name:	IR_6.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	727.7 KB 
ID:	105434

Hi, and welcome to the Guild. Thanks for sharing some fine maps with us. And great to see some Scottish bothies too!

If you have other maps you'd like to share, feel free to post them in Finished Maps. Or, if you're able to show your WIPs, there are various folders for those too.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, and don't be shy about jumping into conversations. It's always good to see new members.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thank you, it’s great to be part of such a talented group of people! I have been really impressed so far with what I’ve seen.

Very nice portfolio, I especially like the red North Sea map. I look forward to seeing you around the forum.