Thread: A space map: Valhalla Orbital Complex - by Francissimo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The map is beautiful overall, but it seems you’ve taken some design elements directly from Deep Space Nine, in particular the Commercial and Habitation rings. The Hanging Gardens module also seems to draw heavily from one of the ships from the Colonial Fleet in the new Battlestar Galactica.

Thanks for the comments guys

Quote Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
    The map is beautiful overall, but it seems you’ve taken some design elements directly from Deep Space Nine, in particular the Commercial and Habitation rings. The Hanging Gardens module also seems to draw heavily from one of the ships from the Colonial Fleet in the new Battlestar Galactica.
    Yep that's right, i explained in the wip thread that i used elements from sketchup 3D wharehouse, including a part of the beautifull deep space nine station. The hanging gardens aren't from battlestar galactica but were a part of the valley forge from the movie Silent running. The sketchup part of the map was kinda like playing lego, i took various parts of existing models, cut them in pieces and put all this together.