Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Paizo Open Call

So.......I heard back from Paizo, and looks like I got a gig, won't go into full details as they have requested not to, but suffice to say, even though I am not doing the finished map, I am part of the creative process of the thing, and do get contributor Credentials for the project. Should be fun, and will let everyone know when everything is finished/published.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Congratulations! I'm really glad that someone from the CG got through. It'll be great to hear where this goes.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I did finally hear back from them, but received the same response a lot us did - too finished.

Congrats NK - wished I would have read this before repping you earlier, would have been another good reason to.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    So.......I heard back from Paizo, and looks like I got a gig, won't go into full details as they have requested not to, but suffice to say, even though I am not doing the finished map, I am part of the creative process of the thing, and do get contributor Credentials for the project. Should be fun, and will let everyone know when everything is finished/published.
    Congratulations! You make us proud!

-IG

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I did finally hear back from them, but received the same response a lot us did - too finished.

Congrats NK - wished I would have read this before repping you earlier, would have been another good reason to.
    I already took care of that for ya.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    I already took care of that for ya.
    Me too

@ SG - I am also glad that you heard back from them. I was kinda getting worried that they might slipping away from what I always heard about Paizo. I do hope they keep some of the enties in mind when they do something like this again. Did they say anything else or was it more of the "don`t call us....." kind of response?
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

@Korash - Here's the text of the e-mail...

Hi Scott!

Thanks for sending in some maps for the open call! Of the three, I think I like the dwarven city of Ag-Zurak the best; its' an interesting concept for a city and the map's pretty. That said... in some ways, these maps are a little TOO finished for what I'm looking for, and on top of that, while they're in color, they aren't terribly clear or easy to understand on first glance. It's just not obvious what's going on in the maps, which causes problems when we do finally get the cartography done—the maps must be clear. For example: In the country of Brenham map, I'm not sure what the three zones to the north, south, and west represent; are these other countries? Other worlds? What lies beyond their borders? Why do rivers seem to flow into these gray and brown border zones while roads and mountains and forests and grasslands do not? Is the map an island surrounded by water on all sides? And then on the map of the Hooded Fane: it's hard to tell the difference between archways and solid walls, and the symbols for doors sort of threaten to fade into the background of the floor itself.

Anyway, thanks for sending in your work, and keep mapping!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Congrats to you! Hopefully they at least know about us and might mention us at some point.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast