Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: City of Kingkel

Monday morning in my little corner of the world, and a new map making week ahead ! Hope I'll can show you some developements for Kingkel, or maybe another project I'm currently working on.

I'm just speechless about your comments (and feel a lot of pressure too now ^^), and extraordinary delighted to see you love what I do (for both my work and signature) ! Let me just send you the biggest "thank you" possible :o)

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Really magnificent, it seems we all have a new idol to live up to, even you’re instagram page is full of whimsy and you are now officially my very favourite fantasy cartographer in the world...
    I'm pretty sure it's good for my health to blush while eating my breakfast ! Will do my best to not disappoint you #^_^#

I can only agree with all before me. This is already magnificent looking city. Your sample colour is awesome. I will be watching this very closely
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Its beautiful!!! I can't say much more. The guild has suddenly gotten an awesome new member!!! This city is beautiful now, and I can't imagine the stunning look it will have when done..
    Seriously, this should get a Cc..

*drools*

... intelligent comment, what is that? Can you eat it?

*drools more*
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

This is really very nice and I love this style of town map. You are missing the 'g' on 'buildings' in the red text on the right hand side box (though that looks like it might not even be staying) and "cemetery" is misspelled twice. Otherwise, I can't find a thing to criticize, though the color sample promises an even nicer version to come.

There's been a lot of praise and I can only join the chorus about this (and the drooling band).

A quick question, out of sheer curiosity.. What is the size (pixels wise) of your original file for this beauty?

... sent from mobile ...

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I can only agree with all before me. This is already magnificent looking city. Your sample colour is awesome. I will be watching this very closely
    Thank you Voolf ! I'm eager to start the color step but still have tons of details to add before.

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Its beautiful!!! I can't say much more. The guild has suddenly gotten an awesome new member!!! This city is beautiful now, and I can't imagine the stunning look it will have when done..
    Seriously, this should get a Cc..
    Thanks a lot !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    *drools*
    ... intelligent comment, what is that? Can you eat it?
    *drools more*
    O_o ('just my super tiny brain... don't eat it please...)

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    This is really very nice and I love this style of town map. You are missing the 'g' on 'buildings' in the red text on the right hand side box (though that looks like it might not even be staying) and "cemetery" is misspelled twice. Otherwise, I can't find a thing to criticize, though the color sample promises an even nicer version to come.
    Haha, yep, you spotted my super weak English. Fortunately, all of this is just temporary notes to help the client see what is the meaning of the current sketch, and what I'll add on the map on the next steps. However, thanks for getting my attention on this : "buildins" was an inattention (I have this bad habit to make my sketches and notes at the end of a very plain day when I'm already half asleep ) , but I was absolutely sure it's "cemetary"

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    There's been a lot of praise and I can only join the chorus about this (and the drooling band).
    A quick question, out of sheer curiosity.. What is the size (pixels wise) of your original file for this beauty?
    I'm glad you like it !
    The map is 4961x3508px for now (A3/300dpi), but I wonder if I won't expand it to A2 and add a large frame with more text, coat of arms for the different guilds, maybe a global situation map ? I have growing expectations on this map ^^'

Hi Misty, congrats, your Works are damn good and absolutely beautiful. Hard to find such talent...looking forward for Things to come. Can you tell me, what drawing Tablet you are using? Best regards to Alsace

Quote Originally Posted by randigpanzrall View Post
    Hi Misty, congrats, your Works are damn good and absolutely beautiful. Hard to find such talent...looking forward for Things to come. Can you tell me, what drawing Tablet you are using? Best regards to Alsace
    Thank you Randig !
    I work with a Wacom Cintiq pro 16 (but I have to send it to repair today so for a month I'll have to go back to my old Cintiq 13hd ).
    Greetings to Germany !!

=

Guild, it's time for a new work in progress pic about Kingkel !

This week I finished the lineart of the countryside : hills and forests, villages along the wall, fields (and tons of beehives ), mills...
    I started working on the river but it's still very rough and I'll probably rework it before I continue to the lake.
    I also drew that strange beast in a heraldic style. The pitch from the author was "Something that has the head of a leopard seal, wings of a bat, body of a horse, back legs of a lion, and scaly like pangolin" : quite challenging to me since creature are not my speciality, but at the end it was pretty fun to do ^^'
    Now it's time for the frustrating step : refine and correct what I don't like, add texture and details where it's needed \o/

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingkel_WIP02_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	819.7 KB 
ID:	105928

This city map is so so good that every time I look at it I need to struggle hard with a sudden urge to quit my day job... (so that I can have 12+ hours daily on a drawing tablet and pursuit something like this)

But I know I would never be able and I have bills to pay. Thank you for sharing this with us MistyBee

... sent from mobile ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast