Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: City of Kingkel

You haven't drawn horse carriages.. pfff, and half the city is misteriously unpopulated.. pff. Seriously, Misty, is this the best you can do?

(Love it!! in case you don't get the joke)
    Last edited by Pixie; 05-22-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Ok I see ! They are really little !
    But I like the way you managed to draw sometimes two legs. I think they give lives to the whole city, but I'm not sure your city needed life : it's gorgeous anyway !

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    MistyBeee... Your talent knows no bounds. Thank you for enriching our lives by showcasing your maps and inspiring us to know that nothing is impossible if put your heart and mind to it. *High five*
    (How long have you been busy with this one so far?)
    Oh, uh... I'm surely doing my best. At least, I try to
    (My time tracker is saying 187h18 exactly. But for some reason I didn't counted the time spent for base color layers (all houses in white, all roofs in red, etc.), so it's a 'little' more).

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Thanks for the answer Misty.
    You're welcome, hope I helped

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    You haven't drawn horse carriages.. pfff, and half the city is misteriously unpopulated.. pff. Seriously, Misty, is this the best you can do?
    (Love it!! in case you don't get the joke)
    Actually... there is a few carriages (but not much because I hate drawing them ^^)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingkel_WIP05_CloseView_carriages_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	107220
    Sometimes, this map reminds me those kind of insane art by Hiro Kamigaki where you have to find 5 gold cup, 3 dogs, a lion...!
    (And a big thanks for the rep, even if you don't love the map ^_^).

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Ok I see ! They are really little !
    But I like the way you managed to draw sometimes two legs. I think they give lives to the whole city, but I'm not sure your city needed life : it's gorgeous anyway !
    Hehe, I just realise I drew them like the chinese character for "human", so they have long legs but no brain : don't trust them if they speak to you, they're not smart at all
    (And in case this would produce a misunderstanding : I'm not Chinese and don't know Chinese ^^. But when I was in university, I had a hand injury and had to find a way to take notes with a minimum of efforts, so I learned a few basic Chinese characters : human, big, small, etc., and then created ton of personal symbols, codes and finally when I look at my old lessons now, they look like cryptography, and I'm definitely the only one who can read them ^^').
    Still not sure if I should populate the town or not. I'll do a print test to see how they look like on paper, this may help

I just can't believe it, but I think... the map itself is done. With last shadows & lights, tiny people everywhere, a surprise island requested by the client... and a temporary title & compass for this "non-informative" version. Ooooh... yep, I think it's done

Hope you'll enjoy !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingkel_WIP06_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	107457

Une carte magnifique Misty ! Avec tellement de détails...
    -- Maps and Watercolor --

In french :
    Mon tipeee : come and support my work
    https://mondelys.wordpress.com/ : Here I write and I draw the Encyclopedia of Lys
    https://manaearth.wordpress.com/ : Discover the table rpg Mana Earth

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Um... I seem to have missed some updates on this. This is just gorgeous, Misty! Sheesh, I'm jealous!!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

This is an amazing map and I love your colors. I don't know how you find the patience for doing all this details. Very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Une carte magnifique Misty ! Avec tellement de détails...
    Merci Narc !

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Um... I seem to have missed some updates on this. This is just gorgeous, Misty! Sheesh, I'm jealous!!
    Haha, thanks Caenwyr ! ^^'
    To be honest, I'm not sure the process was that interesting, so you didn't miss so much ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    This is an amazing map and I love your colors. I don't know how you find the patience for doing all this details. Very impressive!
    Thanks a lot Neyasha ! I'm glad you love the colors, since I had some difficulties to find the best balance (and I don't know why, the roofs looks almost pink when I print it... not sure if it's my screen or my printer ). It was a pleasure to draw the line work, but I'm happy I don't have one more layer to add : I passed 6 or 7 times on every single building ! ^^'

Looking outstanding as always!

Guild Expert

Stunning, and a really lovely color palette, this turned out beautifully.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast