Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: City of Kingkel

Amaaaaaazing!

I think I need to give up trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    This city map is so so good that every time I look at it I need to struggle hard with a sudden urge to quit my day job... (so that I can have 12+ hours daily on a drawing tablet and pursuit something like this)
    But I know I would never be able and I have bills to pay. Thank you for sharing this with us MistyBee
    Thank you Pixie !
    I'm one of those persons who think there is no talent, just work, so I'm sure you would be able to make something similar ! However I must agree : you would definitely need to quit your job : I'm just horrified to see how much time I already spent on it, and I'm so freaking far from the end...!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Amaaaaaazing!
    I think I need to give up trying!
    Thanks Mouse, but don't give up !!

=

So, so, just talked with my client and she's ok for going to an A2 version of the map ! I'm very glad since I think it will really highlight the map itself.
    I made a quick preliminary sketch about how to fill the border : not perfectly balanced for now, but it's just a first rough to open the brainstorming. Any ideas are welcome !
    (Coat of arms sketched from the one DanielHasenbos drew for the same world and client here )

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingkel_WIP03_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	106103

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

This is seriously awesome. I've been following its progress silently for a little while, but I can't keep quiet any longer. This is awesome!!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    This is seriously awesome. I've been following its progress silently for a little while, but I can't keep quiet any longer. This is awesome!!
    Hehe, thanks a lot Caenwyr !

=

It's been too long without an update for Kingkel and I can't resist to show you the map with the first shadows (a second pass of shadow+light is to come) and the base color layers
    Colors for the gardens and country are not started yet and I'm not totally sure about the color of the fortifications, but I'm just focusing on the town itself for now.

Hope you'll like it !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingkel_WIP04_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	106467
    Last edited by MistyBeee; 04-18-2018 at 06:03 AM.

I am a professional urban planner and designer and I am an enthusiast of city maps, and I have no hesitation in declaring this one of the best - if not the best - fantasy city maps I have ever seen. And it's not even finished yet...

I can't wait to see the final product!

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Wow looks fabulous ... So many details and the Inclination of perspective seems unique to me .

It's so good it's painful to look at !

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    I am a professional urban planner and designer and I am an enthusiast of city maps, and I have no hesitation in declaring this one of the best - if not the best - fantasy city maps I have ever seen. And it's not even finished yet...
    I can't wait to see the final product!
    Wow... I'm honored, Wingshaw ! Such a compliment from a professional means a lot to me !

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Wow looks fabulous ... So many details and the Inclination of perspective seems unique to me .
    Thank you Naima !
    The perspective is inspired from the Braun and Hogenberg maps (for example this one) in their Civitates orbis terrarum liber primus, and I found my own technique as far as I was drawing tiny buildings

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    It's so good it's painful to look at !
    Hmm... I wonder if I'm bad for the health of the Guild members ?

Before registering on this forum I thought to be someone with patience.
    -- Maps and Watercolor --

In french :
    Mon tipeee : come and support my work
    https://mondelys.wordpress.com/ : Here I write and I draw the Encyclopedia of Lys
    https://manaearth.wordpress.com/ : Discover the table rpg Mana Earth

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

On top of being one of the best illustrationist, you certainly are a master of perspective ! Such a talent !

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast