Thread: March 2018 Challenge: Moon Gems of Vaalsa

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Default March 2018 Challenge: Moon Gems of Vaalsa

Archie maneuvered his ship towards the run-down spaceport with mixed emotions. He was elated at the prospect of the score ahead of him. Gems that appeared in an alien temple only once a century, pure solidified moonlight... He and Salazar had been planning this heist for months but when the Galactic Patrol had blown up their cargo hauler and Archie had taken the last escape pod... Well, he had to accept that Salazar was gone for good. But of course that meant the score was all his...

"Approaching craft, this is Kudzu Spaceport Control. Please return to orbit and adopt a holding pattern. There are no available bays for landing."

"What!?" Archie spluttered. "What about Bay 3, it was open an hour ago!"

"That bay is currently occupied by a craft registered as Salazar's Ghost," came the static-obscured reply. "The owner has hired a speeder and is not expected back for several days. Bay 2 will be available in approximately four hours."

It could not be a coincidence. The old scoundrel had somehow survived the exploding ship and even beaten Archie to the surface of Vaalsa. A speeder. Well, Archie knew the route Salazar would be taking, and he had four hours to kill. He powered up the weapons systems and headed off over the crags and jungle to see what he could do to slow up his old "friend."

As soon as I saw the theme of this challenge I knew I had to jump in with a story about a pair of scoundrels you may have met before...

### Latest WIP ###

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Meshon; 03-18-2018 at 01:56 PM.