Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fresco of Ausonia

Your hills and mountains are amazing! I admire your artistic skills, but also your patience. The amount of details is crazy (in a good way)!

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    I was also thinking to put two or three macroviews of some important cities eventually ... Yet to decide wich ones could be ... Since I am adopting a sort of Renaissence age I might go for a sort of Venicelike city , perhaps a Romelike one and a may be something more Fancy or fantasy....
    ears
    If ahnyone has sugestions or wants to give me ideas for features on map or city styles I am all ears ^^ ...
    Places/cities that come to my mind when thinking of Italian Renaissance: Florence, Ferrara, Mantua and Palmanova, which has a very interesting layout, as it was built as a kind of ideal Renaissance city. Perhaps you can find some inspiration there.

Those mountains are incredible! Eagerly awaiting your next update.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    Your hills and mountains are amazing! I admire your artistic skills, but also your patience. The amount of details is crazy (in a good way)!

Places/cities that come to my mind when thinking of Italian Renaissance: Florence, Ferrara, Mantua and Palmanova, which has a very interesting layout, as it was built as a kind of ideal Renaissance city. Perhaps you can find some inspiration there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Those mountains are incredible! Eagerly awaiting your next update.

Thankyou guys , palmanova indeed is a pretty fine exampleof Renaissence Urban planning...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc_PALMANOVA.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	581.1 KB 
ID:	106547

Hello again ... This time I got a little tired of making mountains and so I wanted to work on some detailing like the Frame of the Map and the Sea monster that will have on the sail some stuff ... I directly inspired from Renaissence frame and sea monsters ... the Sea monster not...

Name:	fresco_style_work_in_progress_by_n_a_i_m_a-dc6i3ch.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	106582

High Res ...

Then I am not sure to put in City maps too , as they are time consuming as well , but in case I was thinking ... either to use the approach taken by the painters in the Original Vatican Gallery like with sort of fake folded paper maps on the map itself ... but somehow this seems a little off for some reason .. or perhaps use sort of frames for encrcling the city map , wich could eventually give way to more added cities in future , but in this case the resolution would be smaller and not so crisp.

So not sure, for the moment I won't add.
    Last edited by Naima; 04-24-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Completed the first of the Kallisia Islands... Still missing cities and woodlands...

Name:	fresco_style_work_in_progress_by_n_a_i_m_a-dc6i3ch.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	106622

High res image ....Btw only that tiny Island took 14 hours of work . perhaps someonelse would be faster :/ ... yet is not finished .
    Last edited by Naima; 04-26-2018 at 02:21 PM.

The mountains, the sea, the sea monster... it's absolutely gorgeous, Naima!

Thankyou ... I in the great picture I have in mind, the Fresco will be surely protagonist but just part of a scenery ... So even if the image could be huge the detals inthe painting might not be really visible , so I might make subversions with enlargements, actually the real size , but more dedicated maps with their frames and text as sort of regional maps to appreciate better the details of each region .. Eventually also adding more informations for the political details ...

Lol I am sort of making the Gallery of geographical maps of Ausonia .

Ok Here I did some more tests to make trees...

I wanted possibly the trees to be recognizeably by generic type like :

Mediterranan

Populus , Pine tree , Olive

Temperate

Oak , elm , maple

Alpine

Conifer, Conifer snowy, Conifer heavy snowy

Tropical Desertic

Date palm , Acacia

Sub Tropical Rainforest

Coconut palm , Kapok

Name:	LwKldpE.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	255.7 KB 
ID:	106631

What you think about , size and recognizeabilty as well as how would fit into the landscape ? how if I mass produce them to make agglomerated forests?
    the n1 is the first attempt done some days ago , today I did try 2 and 3 ...
    From left to right should be Maple, Populus and mediterranean pine tree.

My problem is that if I go zoom in they look pixellated so by close the smaller they are the more look like pixel art.
    Last edited by Naima; 04-27-2018 at 05:19 AM.

Guild Apprentice

Hello. First of all I am amazed by your skill. A job like what you're doing has always been my dream. I do not hide from you that I consider you as a teacher and you are a great inspiration for me.
    For the question of trees, I prefer the first version because from that height it is difficult to distinguish the variety of trees, but precisely the forests seem to be agglomerates of greens.
    I will continue to follow you impatiently.
    Ciao

Thankyou , but I am far from a teacher, rather the opposite.

HEre is a new test on Tree sizes ... I am trying to make variants for different types of trees to then mix and create masses eventually ... shadows are just a test .. Windering still wich size is better.. I would like still the trees to be recognizeable but also fitting to the overall map even if not properly proportioned to mountains of course.

Name:	yQENLHG.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	459.7 KB 
ID:	106640

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast