Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Fantasy Map Project

Default A Fantasy Map Project

Hello everyone,

Earlier today I shared this map as an ongoing project on my Instagram page. My hope is to explore some of the locations in the map together with my followers. Hopefully it will result in a map bundle that I can distribute to those who like my work.

This side project is mainly for fun and a way to practice, while still producing some art to share with my followers. So I figured that I might make a WIP thread here to share the drawings I make in the project.

Happy mapping.

Cheers,
    Karl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Four Kingdoms final post.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	112995

Wow... brilliant map. The style is highly clear, legible, and very well done.
    Although all the stuff is really cool, I particularly like those watercolors: it is discrete but still giving something to the map, a certain flavor in between a pleasant and worrisome region.
    Wonderful job !

I always enjoy seeing you work, a WIP thread is most welcome! Subscribed and following, carry on sir
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Beautiful as always! The simple touches of color are lovely and give the map a very classy look!

Damn, the map is already an amazing start, and the whole thing looks like such a great and interesting project ! I can't wait to see the future development

It looks great, you should be proud.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

It does indeed look very nice. I really like it, it is a simple style but very atmospheric, imo.

Also, i love that you do collaboration worldbuilding (or at least it sounds like that). But why on Instagram, if I may ask? It doesn't seem a very fitting platform?
    I'd love if we did such things on here (I know about the guild world project, but that's not the same, imo). I know, we are the cartographers guild, not the worldbuilders guild, but still, i think there is a looooot of effing potential on this guild here. And i'd love to see some collab between us. I know I'd be game. I can't map, but i love to worldbuild.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I’m so happy that people like this. All the feedback is very inspirational for me. Big thanks everyone!

I completely see what you mean Eilathen and yes, for a collaborative world building project I honestly don’t know any better place than the guild. The talent here goes above and beyond in that regard. However I guess this is intended as a casual project that I can work on between other engagements to practice some new things, while also motivating me to have creative content on my social media and engage my followers. For that instagram is great

Cheers,
    Karl

Can'r rep, but this really deserves it. Great map.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Nice to see your map, Tainotim. Every time it gives inspiration, it shows how much you master this unique traditional style. I like how you depicted the various monuments and cities with only the shadowed form of it. Will keep an eye on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast