Map:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_Alveolate_Isle_WIP10.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	8.22 MB 
ID:	105680

Created in: Clip Studio Paint EX
    Hardware used: 2017 Macbook Pro / Wacom Intuos 4 tablet

This was my entry for the Feb/Mar '18 Lite Challenge: Map My World!

This challenge provided an outline shape with a number of points on it that need to be labeled in the final map. The provided map was a great shape and I decided it would be an island, probably about 500 miles wide, approximately the size of Iceland. Alveolate is a synonym of hollow, meaning deeply pitted. I tried to make a very mountainous island with a lot of twisted valleys.

As for my tools, I have upgraded my laptop and purchased Clip Studio Paint EX and a used Wacom tablet.

I received a handful of votes, which was appreciated, and some good comments from the great gallery of the guild. The competition was very tough and there were a number of amazing maps.

Original thread:
    WIP Thread

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Arkidemis's Avatar

I'm happy to see you finished off the map. Turned out great!

As for the upgrade, which are always exciting, have you noticed a sizable difference in performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkidemis View Post
    I'm happy to see you finished off the map. Turned out great!

As for the upgrade, which are always exciting, have you noticed a sizable difference in performance?
    Thanks for the kind words, though I keep thinking of more I could have done, such as labeling the mountains and peaks. But sometimes determining when it's done is one of the harder parts.

The upgrade has made a big difference, not any real lag when using my pen. Of coarse I went from a 2009 to a 2017 so it was a big jump.