Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tamriel

Looking great, Beee! Are all the white dots going to be illustrations, or will those just get normal city icons?

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    It looks awesome , I like a lot also the miniatures of the cities ...
    Out of curiosity every single tree or mountain is handmade and different or you did ever use a clone stamp to speed up a bit?
    Thank you Naima !
    Mountains are 100% handmade and it's what I really prefer to draw so it's never a pain
    However I cheat a very little bit for the forests on big maps like this one : I firstly draw the exterior shape, then I draw some trees to fill the shape and where it's possible (mostly very big areas) I duplicate this patch of trees to roughly fill other shapes and, afterwards, I draw new trees to fill the blank space. However, shadows and lights are totally handmade again in the next step.
    Quick pic of the process in case my bad English is difficult to understand ^^' :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tamriel_forests_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	106182

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Looking great, Beee! Are all the white dots going to be illustrations, or will those just get normal city icons?
    Thanks Daniel !
    As far as I know it's done for illustrations now (except if my client requests something new, which is always possible ^^), so white dots should be simple icons with different symbols for towns/forts/other major locations, etc.

Awesome job Misty. We have another great mapmaker in our midst
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Splendide! The illustrations are great and this lava will glow in the dark !
    Out of curiosity, is this done to be printed?

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Awesome job Misty. We have another great mapmaker in our midst
    Hehe, 'just doing my best #^_^#

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Splendide! The illustrations are great and this lava will glow in the dark !
    Out of curiosity, is this done to be printed?
    Merci Ilanthar ! Hehe, I know the lava is a big strong for now, but hopefully the color illustrations will balance this.
    And for your curiosity : yep, there will be prints !

Guild Expert

I am so jealous of you're skills it's sickening, you have so much talent it's ridiculous how good you are at this...and what a beautiful update, I love all the little illustrations it really is gorgeous.

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I am so jealous of you're skills it's sickening, you have so much talent it's ridiculous how good you are at this...and what a beautiful update, I love all the little illustrations it really is gorgeous.
    I don't know how I missed your comment, Kacey, but I'm glad I did, so I just read it now, at the end of a super long and tiring day and it was just the best, best way to smile again : thank you so much ! Hope you'll love the next WIP below too !

-

Time for color on all those illustrations, with towns on a dusk background to keep the "orange" balance all over the map. Fun coincidence : I learned after that "Dusk Beauty" is one of the name of Tamriel, so it sounds perfectly appropried, thus accidental
    And another slight color ajustment : finding the perfect color for this map could be a monthly challenge on the Guild

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tamriel_WIP06_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	106310

Hope you'll like it !

Abandon all hope ... you do not need it ! How could we not love that gem ?

Awesome! Great to see this is somewhat in the style of Middle-Earth - which is currently among my biggest inspirations! This little illustrations really help you get a feel for the world and culture in different areas, and plus they're all so well-drawn...

It's splendid and let me dreamy...
    I'm just wondering if some slight shadow or something would make the land pops more from the seas.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast