Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tamriel

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    This is such an awesome start Beee! Love your work in general and this start does not disappoint!
    Thanks for sharing your progress updates...
    Thanks a lot, Greg !
    You're more than welcome, it's a pleasure to share !

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    I spent days wandering in Oblivion and Skyrim... I played this games at least twice...
    So, just for « helping » you to be in the right mood, here it is...
    And some more...
    You're a monster !

Some big progress for Tamriel this week guys, and I hope you'll like them !

Added two lines of hand made "waves" along the coastline (I'm sure you have a word for that in English but can't remember what it is ) (hand made, just because I'm silly : it's almost 1 hour for each "wave" line ), drew a new pattern to fill the sea, and mostly worked on adding shadows and light on mountains and forests.
    I made a trial for a different color on forests. I like this two tones of green (if you look carefully, it's bluish in North and yellowish in South) but the client will have the last word on that point. However, I would be happy to get your thoughts !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tamriel_WIP04_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	105742

Hope you'll enjoy !

Ah yes, this looks stunning! My only comment is that the blue border along the northern coast in a very similar to the ocean colour. This makes it look like you forgot to fill in the land, especially around the small islands. Maybe if you went with a slightly different colour blue that would fix the 'problem'. Otherwise this is looking great!
    Is this for the same client that you did the Middle Earth (Please post that map here on the Guild, pretty, pretty pleeease??!) map for?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Ah yes, this looks stunning! My only comment is that the blue border along the northern coast in a very similar to the ocean colour. This makes it look like you forgot to fill in the land, especially around the small islands. Maybe if you went with a slightly different colour blue that would fix the 'problem'. Otherwise this is looking great!
    Is this for the same client that you did the Middle Earth (Please post that map here on the Guild, pretty, pretty pleeease??!) map for?
    Thanks a lot Daniel !!

I have the same thought about the blue boundary and I spent some time this morning trying to find another color, with no success for now. In that case I use to just drop the problem and avert my eyes from it for one night or two and the solution pops by itself later. So I beg I'll find the appropriate color Monday

Yep, it's the same client and the two maps should have a similar style. And of course I'll post Middle Earth soon if you're interested !

Gorgeous, already. I love those forests. The sea pattern is great : it adds a lot without being to strong.
    By MistyBeee
    Middle Earth soon if you're interested !
    We are!

Awww... this is too beautiful for good health... No words can describe it. Except maybe... beautiful?
    The rep is coming.
    EDIT: As soon as I recover from your map attacks
    EDIT 2: I think you've inspired me with these forests for my redo of my novel map...

I'm a big fan of the games too. I played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim but not the MMORPG.
    It look pretty good.

In what era does it take place?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Gorgeous, already. I love those forests. The sea pattern is great : it adds a lot without being to strong.
    (...)
    We are!
    Thanks a lot !
    And if you are, you'll have it

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Awww... this is too beautiful for good health... No words can describe it. Except maybe... beautiful?
    The rep is coming.
    EDIT: As soon as I recover from your map attacks
    EDIT 2: I think you've inspired me with these forests for my redo of my novel map...
    Damn, I never imagined I would be that bad for health ! You have all my apologies...
    (However, you made me blush and smile so strong that I'm pretty sure you're a danger too )

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    I'm a big fan of the games too. I played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim but not the MMORPG.
    It look pretty good.
    In what era does it take place?
    Thanks Azélor !
    In principle, it's the 4th era.

Wip

Hi Guild !

Happy to come back to you with a new WIP for Tamriel !

This one is mostly about drawing the line work for 51 illustrations about creatures, people, boats, towns, plus some smoke and clouds here and there.
    As I had some time yesterday evening, I also started working on something that worried me : the client requested the lava and active volcanos, and it appeared the global colors were not harmonious with the orange lava, blue sea and green forests, so I reworked the color balance : with the orange border and a different sea color, the map works better with the lava and has a different ambiancy than my Middle Earth, even in similar style. Bonus : the Skyrim blue border is fine now, don't you think ?

Next step should be about painting the illustrations : another long way to go !

Hope you like it

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tamriel_WIP05_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	106178

It looks awesome , I like a lot also the miniatures of the cities ...
    Out of curiosity every single tree or mountain is handmade and different or you did ever use a clone stamp to speed up a bit?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast