Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for highly structured & symmetrical lawful evil city

Still bad taste in my opinion.
    You could look for inspiration:

Gotham city/New York was laid with a specific layout.
    Paris, some have argued that the rebuild of the city with the star shaped intersection and large boulevards aimed at curbing the revolts/subjugating the population. Yet history showed that it was not the case as large boulevard can also be blocked like any street.
    Metropolis, the 1927 movie
    Germania, the Nazi plan to rebuild Berlin
    Stalinian and Totalitarian architecture in general. They use a lot of concrete.
    Brutalism, not really evil but really ugly
    Le Corbusier, not really sure about this one but the plans he layed out are kinda scary and does remind me of Hong Kong with the tall, packed, identical skyscrapers.
    You can also have a look at the beautiful town of Kaesong, North Korea (that is a sarcasm). The town is supposed to make you want to go live in the north. The thing is, it's ugly, it's a ghost town. some buildings are falling apart, and you have these giant speakers shooting propaganda playing all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Daistallia View Post
    Heh - bitting my tounge. No, Dai, don't go political *here*. LOL
    I don't know how living in that city actually is, I just think it is super super ugly.

Speaking of visions of singular people and symmetrical cities, Walt Disney planned one also. EPCOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    Well that is a very strange way to say it. I googled the expression and could not find the exact meaning of it except at one place were someone said it was crude language.
    The anal retentive personality is characterized by the tendency to cope with conflicts later in life by demonstrating an extreme sense of cleanliness and orderliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I don't know how living in that city actually is, I just think it is super super ugly.
    Wasn't thinking of Brasilia,but somewhere else.

Palmanova is a good surviving example of a completely planned city constructed for both ideological and defensive reasons. Although keep in mind the defences are built with cannon in mind. No fictional ones immediately come to mind.

I used mind three times there. The writer in me shudders.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    Palmanova I used mind three times there. The writer in me shudders.
    I didn't mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12