Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working on climate step by step

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    For the winds map, one thing in particular that I've noticed is the winds blowing from the pole tend to be deflected to the east not to the west.
    Also, in January, the winds from the large continent in the north are also deflected to the east. So you have a "wind corridor" between the pole and the continent. Maybe thee system over the ocean in the west is too strong. In Europe for instance, the pressure is not that low in the winter. Except for places with maritime climate Ireland, Scotland, Norway...
    Looking on this map, for example, it would seem that this is mostly because of how the major low pressure areas over the northern seas look. Looking at the North Atlantic, for example, there is a low pressure area more or less encircling the small high pressure area in Greenland, which means that the western winds are deflected further to the north. I might redo the pressure maps slightly in order to account for that.

Like this:

January

July

This is the old climate map, based on the previous precipitation map. I don't know whether the changes wrought by the new wind map will be very large, but might have a look later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12