Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: March 2018 Challenge: The Diamond Fever War

Totally in love with how you drew the perspective trees : great impact !!

By Aeshnidae
    The only thing that confuses me is whether there's a river coming down the mountains in the middle, past the farmhouse and catapult, to join up with the river in the foreground. I can't tell if it's a river or just some shading. I would vote for a river.
    Arf ! It's supposed to be a road... And the "farmhouse" is supposed to be a mine... I bet I'll have to clarify those

By MistyBee
    Totally in love with how you drew the perspective trees : great impact !!
    Really?! Thanks a lot! That's really reassuring. I got the impression it's not right, so I'm kinda changing things all the time. But if it works for you, well, it works for me !

Some more, I hope I'll be able to do some work on it later today. There's still a lot to do...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DFW2.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	7.65 MB 
ID:	105942

Frame is mostly done. I added some shading and elements. I'll probably do some more pronounced shading.
    Colors are an experiment and not final at all.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	DFW2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	105950

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Arf ! It's supposed to be a road... And the "farmhouse" is supposed to be a mine... I bet I'll have to clarify those
    Ahhh, now I can see the mine detail! A road makes total sense. I see you're putting in little label banners - they look great already!

Not really what I got in mind, but well, it's a learning test, anyway. I think it lacks some "humph" for the colors or shading.
    Anyway, I decided to do a wink to some games as you may see.
    I won't be able to do more, but at least, it looks like something finished (which is already more than I hoped).
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	DFW2.jpeg 
Views:	161 
Size:	7.66 MB 
ID:	105994

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Considering you did all this in 10 days... you are awesome. I'd love to see you continue this after the challenge though, and flesh it out even more.

Me too

The drawing is always beautiful in an Ilanthar map.

If you feel brave, and just for an experiment, you could double the shading layer and burn it. Might look horrible, and be instantly rejected, but then - its only a suggestion if you feel it lacks oomph

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

I think all of the details are wonderful!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

This is just great Ilanthar, and I really hope you continue it afterwards. I think the decision to go zoomed in on the hills was just brilliant as it ironically adds such an epic sense to the battle. Makes it feel like you're down there perched up watching the war unfold before you!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234