Thread: Labelling Hex Grids

Help Labelling Hex Grids

Heya folks,

I'm running a Primeval Thule campaign for D&D 5e. Beautiful map, but, it lacks any sort of grid references making going between the map and the campaign guide a major PITA. Trying to find stuff on this very full map is not easy. At least, not easy for me. So, I want to layer over a hex grid on the map (not a problem, I can do that) but, I also want to number the hexes so I can cross reference with the campaign guide.

While creating the hex grids is pretty simple (there's G'mic for one that will do this pdq, as well as a couple of other Gimp Scripts), I haven't found one that will automatically number the hexes. Is there anything out there? I did find this site - https://incompetech.com/graphpaper/hexagonal/ - which will generate the blank hex map as a PDF which I suppose I could then overlay on my own map, but, I was hoping to find that someone had already done all my work for me so I could be really lazy about this.

Ahh, never mind. Google fu to the rescue. Inkscape has exactly the plugin for this. Cool. Answered my own question.