Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mar / Apr 2018 Lite Challenge: Sosnasib

Okay, so I am going to try to go with a colorized version of this map. In doing so, however, I am going to have to partially implement one or two of those "limited time plans" that I mentioned previously along with rearranging a few things (yes, I can move mountains ). That also means a couple two or three days without any real updates as I set everything in motion along this new path. But things are looking fairly positive as far as actually being able to get this done by the deadline.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Looking very well structured - I like it

Just an idea, but if you're short of time, maybe a pale and not too aggressively textured parchment background will help to fill in the spaces by knocking out all that glaring whiteness?

Thanks mouse. The blank space isn't really the problem, it is getting the styles between various features to match up. Still fiddling with a few things right now but expect to make some progress over the next few days.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Wip

I managed to get some work done on this today, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. Hopefully tomorrow will be a more productive day. Trying it out against a parchment background and am moderately happy with the result.

Not sure if it comes across that way or not but the second grouping of mountains I have started is supposed to be analogous to the Cascades as they relate to the coastal range (the first mountain grouping). Not wholly feeling that just yet, but there is a lot more mountain painting to do in that second group. Plan to expand a bit on the coastal range as well but trying hard to keep things from looking cluttered.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018 MALC WIP 003.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	106017
    GW

The parchment helps a lot. Keep up the good work.

Oh yes, that does look a lot better

Thanks Mouse and Mr. B. I am definitely liking the parchment better than the color, mostly because my old graphics program doesn't mix layered colors over one another very well. And, of course, I almost messed everything up this morning with an errant file save. Fortunately I only had to go back a couple saves and hadn't really done much between them. I really need to do a better hub of paying attention to my saving actions.
    GW

If you are only just starting down the road with a new app, or a new technique, the workflow will come with practice, and the mistakes will become increasingly rare. But even then they do happen sometimes. Its a good idea to save each stage as a separate version of the map - and it sounds like you are already doing that.

Looking forward to the next version

No not a new app or work flow, just an old, feeble mind and not enough sleep. Haha. Or maybe I am just to easily distracted by pretty mappy things.

Lots of times I work at a larger physical scale than what I post at. Go through the whole resize thing and then forget to reload the unresized version for more editing. Last month it killed me, but I caught it this morning before getting too far along.
    GW

Too many sweet young cities showing you their dainty little outskirts?

I know what you mean, though. For my part I frequently get members and/or their threads mixed up when I'm tired and not really concentrating on more than just the problem at hand

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast