Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Middle Earth

Thanks a lot guys ! I'm so happy to see you love it ! If you're ok, let's go for a long quote-and-thank-you post

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    As over-done as the Middle-Earth maps are at this point, this is a very cool version of the classic realm. Your lineart, as I have already said, is beyond gorgeous, and the little illustrations are a really nice touch. I think my favorite part of the entire piece is the title box, though - the typography, the decorations and the beautiful fade/broken effect on the text are simply stunning.
    Can't rep you again so soon (I have a feeling this is going to often be the case with you), but the sentiment is there. A great map, please keep them coming.
    Hmm... I must say I'm not sure if I understood well how the reputation works (si une bonne âme française pouvait m'éclairer à ce sujet...?) so I didn't paid attention to this.
    Anyway, I'm extremely glad to see you appreciate ! Happy too about your comment on the title as it's also one of my favorite part

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Very nice map.
    Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by onez View Post
    Stunning craftmanship Bee.
    I can't rep you right now but I'll be back!
    Thanks a lot Onez ! Will keep an eye on my rep counter

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    This map brings back so many good memories from the times I had time to reread the Tolkien series too many times... Very well done.
    Sadly, you have made too many good maps of late so I may have to circle back to this one in a while to give you the Rep you deserve!
    Damn, the punition for too many posts took me by surprise ! Will try to work slower now

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    I've never enjoyed looking at a Middle-Earth map before. I never read the book, but the map... just seeing it I wondered... um. Um. That square mountain range? Plus, all the versions I'd seen so far were so gloomy.
    This one. It's beautiful. I love it. Every part of it. I... have no words.
    EDIT: I can't rep you. Try to guess why
    That's an amazing compliment, MMM : thanks a lot !! And yep, those square mountain range gave me nightmares... did my best to give them a more natural look but no miracle possible !

Quote Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
    In the books, the mountains of Mordor are specifically described as artificial, raised by Sauron to create a fortress-realm.
    As for the map, it's truly lovely, one of the best Middle-Earth maps I've seen in a long while. My one comment would be that it seems very dim--just a touch lighter would bring out the colors and subtly lighten the mood.
    Thanks Sanderling !
    Dim ? Oh, is it ? I tested it in printing and it sounds quite good to me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That border work alone is just totally out of this world. Unbelievable!
    The little cameos of events from the novel are so beautiful.
    A work of Art
    Thank a lot Mouse ! I especially loved to create that border so I'm glad to see it's appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Absolutely stunning map.
    I once started a map of Numenor and now that I've seen this I'm glad I never finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Well, everything is perfectly balanced and crafted. I also love your use of color and those little close-ups and characters.
    Une merveille !
    Merci beaucoup Ilanthar ! Voyons si je peux en faire autant pour Tamriel maintenant

I absolutely love the map, but it doesn't seem accurate. You have the Barrowdowns southwest of Bombadil's house, and his house East of Bree. I don't think that's right. The Old Forest is west of Amon Sul, not almost due south of it, and the Barrowdowns are between the Old Forest and Bree.
    Last edited by Farland; 03-26-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    Webmaster and head designer of The World of Farland: A World conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin.

www.farlandworld.com

I'll never get tired of looking at Middle Earth maps and yours is especially lovely! I love your illustrations and also your color scheme!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Incroyable! And I'm not even French.

As if you don't already know, and haven't seen it commented already, the vignettes are fantastic, it really makes the locals of Middle-Earth come alive. And the little characters, I love them too. Like tiny Gandalf racing towards Isengard, omg so cuuute! The rest of the map, well, obviously it's amazing as well. Everything just works.

It is a nice looking map, especially the little art pieces, which I wish I could see more closely. There are, as noted above, some issues with the geography. Also, a "g" seems to have found its way into "Harlindon"

If you have Instagram, I would encourage you to go to Beee's work there, as she a bunch of progress shots of her working on this map.
    A bunch of really pleasant close ups of the illustrated city locations and the little figures and animals throughout.
    It's worth getting the instagram app just for her work.

Beee - I loved watching this progress on IG
    All those little scenes for each location... really a pleasure.
    I love the little armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Farland View Post
    I absolutely love the map, but it doesn't seem accurate. You have the Barrowdowns southwest of Bombadil's house, and his house East of Bree. I don't think that's right. The Old Forest is west of Amon Sul, not almost due south of it, and the Barrowdowns are between the Old Forest and Bree.
    Gargl... I was so picky and checked it twice ! Nice catch Farland, and thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    I'll never get tired of looking at Middle Earth maps and yours is especially lovely! I love your illustrations and also your color scheme!
    Thank you !!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    So pretty.
    Thanks Kacey !

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    Incroyable! And I'm not even French.
    As if you don't already know, and haven't seen it commented already, the vignettes are fantastic, it really makes the locals of Middle-Earth come alive. And the little characters, I love them too. Like tiny Gandalf racing towards Isengard, omg so cuuute! The rest of the map, well, obviously it's amazing as well. Everything just works.
    Merci Daelin ! Even if you're not French

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    It is a nice looking map, especially the little art pieces, which I wish I could see more closely. There are, as noted above, some issues with the geography. Also, a "g" seems to have found its way into "Harlindon"
    Thanks a lot rdanhenry ! Will correct that

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    If you have Instagram, I would encourage you to go to Beee's work there, as she a bunch of progress shots of her working on this map.
    A bunch of really pleasant close ups of the illustrated city locations and the little figures and animals throughout.
    It's worth getting the instagram app just for her work.

Beee - I loved watching this progress on IG
    All those little scenes for each location... really a pleasure.
    I love the little armies.
    Thank you so much J. !
    Tiny armies are my fav too and that's why I have some new ones to post today on the Guild

Once again a little wonder ! The illustrations are my favorite part (again) and I love the whole map. Kudos for your resilience in the forest department.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Once again a little wonder ! The illustrations are my favorite part (again) and I love the whole map. Kudos for your resilience in the forest department.
    I have that love/hate relationship with forests, I must admit.
    Anyway, thanks a lot : I'm super glad you love it !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast