Thread: Weird Europe REDUX

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nysted View Post
    Hey Daelin.
    Hey Nysted.

Sorry about the rather late reply. I really should get better at regularly checking my threads for feedback and awesome comments like yours. I'm super happy that my map has inspired you to this degree. I mean, what more can a wannabe artist like me hope for? As for my take on your version of my world, well, where do I start? I mean, such and such about various RPG systems, and this and that about fantasy tropes, and bla bla bla about...

Imagine trains powered by zombies in treadmills
    And al...

Oh.
    My.
    God.
    Brain.
    Melt...
    Down.

In all seriousness, though, my idea of the "story" (if you can even call it that) of this map is tenuous at best. The names of cities and nations and their descriptors might allude to something fantastical, but as with most of my creative endeavors, it's just that: allusions. I don't know what the culture and technology and life is like on the Isle of the Dreaming Dead. I simply thought that "Dreaming Dead" sounded cool. And I have no opinion on the race of the citizens of Nuevo Xyn. Democratic dwarven conquistadors? Sure, why the heck not! Most of the names do come from somewhere in my mind, but to describe each one would be far too esoteric and take much too long.
    All I can say to you is, keep being nerdy, because it's working for you, and that's cool. And you want to play a game set in my weird version of Europe? Go for it!

I love your map ... and I hope very much you're okay with me using it.
    After the zombie hamster imagery, you conjured in my mind, I would be offended if you do not.
    Last edited by Daelin; 08-05-2018 at 04:44 PM.