Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mar / April '18 Lite Challenge: Stevensonia

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Really nice update, the mountains are fantastic.
    Thanks Bogie, I hope the rest won't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Don't now how I passed this one by, it looks awesome Thomas can't wait to see it finished.
    Thanks kacey Me too !

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Love the work so far, Thomas, but that orientation is throwing me off, keep turning my phone but can't quite catch up to the image. Hahaha.

Seriously though that is some nice work. Always a sucker for hand drawn work, just wish I could still work like that.
    Thanks GW ! Yeahn the orientation is a bit strange but allows me to cheat with the globe perspective as everything is almost oriented the same. And there's only one rule to hand draw : go and wreck some paper sheets

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You just got to look at it sideways, Greason

My-oh-my, Thomas! This is looking brilliant
    Thanks a lot Sue, I hope it'll be

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    This is such a unique style and perspective! I love it, although I somehow have the urge to tilt over my laptop.
    Your linework is amazing - I wish I had such control over my pen.
    Thanks Neyasha I'm giving everybody a stiff neck it seems ... An I wish my control was consistent, hopefully the mistakes will be lost in the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Oh, wow... That's something really impressive, Thomas, and I _love_ the... uh... can't express it with my weak English... J'adore la mise en page complètement inhabituelle : je n'ai pas le souvenir d'avoir jamais rien vu de similaire : il y a du génie là-dedans !!
    Congrats, and sincere condoleances for your thumb ^^'
    Merci MistyBeee What do you find uncommon in the layout ? Fo something close, you can check J.Edward's globe maps like his Thurian Age (my inspiration for some maps lately, I'm a big fan). Don't worry about the thumb, I know a good physical therapist that's a real necromancer when it comes to dead joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    This is just getting better and better... which is no surprise .
    Merci Julien I just hope at each stroke that I won't ruin everything as there's no ctrl+z here

OK ! Time for ...

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DaWFyDNW0AAL1UI.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	106281

I'll finish soon I hope and will finally be able to scan it properly ... in two passes as it's an A3 sheet.

Wip

And I can finally show the almost final version. I added the black space digitally and will probably shade the banner the same way. I'll add some stars and constellations and then, the labels.

I'm so glad I haven't ruined it, you really cannot imagine how happy I am !!

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	106282

PS : Many thanks to Ilanthar for the idea of the black space background

Eeek! Thomas this is insane. How can someone produce something of such intricate detail with pen and paper and have a baby in the same house? You must have time management to a fine art. And also sleeping in the office without getting caught.

This is top quality artwork. I hope you can complete it in time.

Outstanding!
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ottehcnor's Avatar

This is absolutely gorgeous! And to think you did it all by hand.

I'm not sure it its just me, but it seems to have a medieval woodcut style that really looks good.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

This is looking really fantastic! I agree with Ottehcnor about the woodcut style. I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of, so thanks, Ottehcnor!

This is absolutely fabulous! Your perseverance and brush skills are amazing. You are right, there might be some small things that are a little bit off (not that I noticed any) - which is quite inevitable when working with the brush - but they are definitely lost in the big picture. As I said before, I think that's the most important thing, getting the big picture right and you did it marvelously!

The border and black space really make the map POP!

Thomas this is looking absolutely stunning! If you don't win this challenge as it stands at the moment I'll eat my (proverbial) hat !

I love it more and more every time I see it, Thomas ! This mountain range in the forest is just stunning.
    If I can be extraordinary picky (because the better is the map, the more we have to pay attention do details, I think ?), don't you think the limit between the moon and space is a little too straight ? As all your map is about curves and beautiful hand-made lines, it looks maybe too artificial.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast