Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argot Smugglers Route

Default Argot Smugglers Route

I have been working myself up to do a city map I've had planned since forever. So while I do that, I decided to make a dungeon map of one of the several ways in to the city.

So far I've done the main sketch of it and worked out the plan. I'll be redrawing all of it properly and then shading it in monochrome. Maybe a little colour - I don't know yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	argotwinecellarwip.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	547.6 KB 
ID:	105984  
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

That looks fun Larb
    I have some dungeons and sewers I need to get back to one of these days.
    Does this mean you have your upper city laid out already?

I've had the general layout decided for ages. It sits on the slope of a hill with a river running nearby, surrounded by vineyards on most sides. A narrow brook runs through it connecting with the river further down where there is also a small "harbour" of sorts. And there's some old tin mines running through the hills. Most of the buildings are a yellowish sandstone.

That sounds more well thought out than many of mine.
    How large is the city? And will the vineyards show in the city map?

It's about 10,000 souls. Well it was. It was one of the major wine producers in the world it exists within.

I hadn't thought about a local map with vineyards on it but I probably SHOULD because I am terrible at regional maps. So I don't practice them enough. So I stay terrible at them which isn't really helping matters. So I should do that. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    It's about 10,000 souls. Well it was. It was one of the major wine producers in the world it exists within.

I hadn't thought about a local map with vineyards on it but I probably SHOULD because I am terrible at regional maps. So I don't practice them enough. So I stay terrible at them which isn't really helping matters. So I should do that. =)
    Definitely.
    That is exactly how I improved on mine.
    And on my larger city maps too. You just have to push your boundaries.
    I had to do that a lot while working with Mercator Games on a game they are making.
    They had me drawing up all sorts of locations and terrains and such.
    It is amazing how much you can expand when you are pushed to try things new to you.

For example... I had to do some vineyards
    Mind you, these were all perspective illustrations, not maps.
    But the principle is still the same.

I started drawing it in properly. Not sure if I'm going to go super refined with this yet.

Views:	75 
Size:	591.2 KB 
ID:	106015  

This looks amazing! Can wait to see you finish this. Also looking forward to see the city map

Oh yeah! The light effect through the harrow is top! I also love the remnants of a battle in the top left room .

Just a quick update as I got distracted drawing some other things. Hoping to get most of it done tonight/tomorrow.

Views:	137 
Size:	459.2 KB 
ID:	106503  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast