Thread: April 2018 Challenge: The Iron Dominion of Kharbizar

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default April 2018 Challenge: The Iron Dominion of Kharbizar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IronDominionStats.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	106174

What the heck, I'll see how far I get. So after rolling a few times, I got something interesting - good name, with an interesting ratio of wilderness to civilization. I changed the population density to 'desolate', and after seeing that the size was about the same as Ecuador's, I thought I'd do a map of a realm ruled by an immortal wizard, the Sovereign. Since most of the realm is wilderness, I thought I'd sort-of mimic Ecuador's physical layout too, except with a large coastal range paired with the inland one, and no territories beyond the mountains. The realm is a long, narrow valley fed by a prominent river, and almost all of the population is there.

No real work done yet, obviously, just laid down a temporary map of Ecuador to help me keep the sizing straight:

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IronDominion1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	966.0 KB 
ID:	106175  
    Last edited by Diamond; 04-06-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Way to go Diamond

I'm already more 'into' your map than my own

Great minds Diamond, great minds I too found a country with similar size, and looking at the population density decided to have the majority at the coast, with a mountain range and then a vast desert or something beyond. That's if I decide to enter of course

Enter! Enter, infidel, and be daaaaaamned!

Not much to see here yet. Just mainly wanted to hammer out the coastlines so I feel like I'm committed.

I'll be busy moving for the next week and a half, so I may not get a chance to work on this much until around the end of the month, so anyway:

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IronDominon2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	267.7 KB 
ID:	106262  

Moving? I don't envy you at all man. Moving is stressful. Remember to carry your kettle/coffee machine where you can get to it before anything else so that you can set that up first. Or do what I do - leave the old one behind with some tea/coffee for the new folk moving into your old place and buy a new one for your new house

I'm looking at this map with anticipation because I just know there's a Diamond classic on its way

Thanks, Straf! Yeah, I hate moving. But... $200 cheaper rent, 45 minutes closer to work, washer & dryer in the apartment so no more laundromat... I couldn't exactly say no to that, even if it's a couple hundred square feet smaller.

Plus, it gave me an excuse to downsize my book collection, which has metastasized beyond control. Over the last week, I've taken 35 grocery bags full of books into the used bookstore, and the poor movers will STILL have to move close to 40 boxes of them. It's a sickness.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Thanks, Straf! Yeah, I hate moving. But... $200 cheaper rent, 45 minutes closer to work, washer & dryer in the apartment so no more laundromat... I couldn't exactly say no to that, even if it's a couple hundred square feet smaller.

Plus, it gave me an excuse to downsize my book collection, which has metastasized beyond control. Over the last week, I've taken 35 grocery bags full of books into the used bookstore, and the poor movers will STILL have to move close to 40 boxes of them. It's a sickness.
    45 minutes? That is huge! Especially in the Bay Area if that gets you on a better BART route.

Moving, blech. Although it does sound like a much better location even if isn't as big. Commutes are just about as bad as moving only unlike moving you do it like 10 times a week.

Hope you like the new place.

Oh, that's definitely an improvement. Congratulations.

Which bookstore would that be and how would you rate it? I don't get over to the bay area much, but I'm always ready to pop into a good bookstore given the chance. Not that I should be buying any books for a few decades until I get through my backlog, but as you say, it's a sickness.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast