Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The War of Resh in Frel & Floris

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I think i commented this on WIP after it was finished, but i will say again, really wonderful map.
    Can't rep, sorry.
    Thanks a lot Voolf ! I had a lot of fun to draw it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Another EPIC (yes, in capital letters ) map! It oozes flavor and transports atmosphere and isn't that what a good map is about?! So congrats, goal achieved (at least imnsho ).
    Makes me want to take out my dice and play some p&p rpg in this world.
    If i can, i'll rep you (but i probably can't yet...).
    Aaah, I'm happy if I can give you some rpg inspiration : thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    Looove the two-tone border. Love the simplicity of the map itself. Would really like to see a colored version, but I get that this was a challenge map, so time was limited. And the monochrome land of course emphasizes the juxtaposition of red vs. blue also, so it's cool.
    Only very minor minor minor thing that irks me sum'n fierce is that I can't read the full name of the bay because of that dang drake! Screw you, drake, get out of the way!
    Hehe, all that love, thanks Daelin !
    The map is based on the style I usually draw for authors when they need a black/white map in their novel, and I can't remember if I ever made one in color (my style is slightly different when I plan to paint a map...), but it would be interesting to try, maybe with this one !
    This dragon (his name is Dot-Dot, by the way) is a pain, I must say : he was constantly wiggling when I tried to sketch it. The complete name of the bay is "Derpheras Bay", but you didn't lost anything : the locals call it "the Derph", and they're pretty rare to know the complete denomination

Have I commented on this yet? I don't think so, but this is really amazing! The map itself is great, but besides that, I love how you've shown the fight and all the little soldiers on the map. Great map!

I just thought the same thing as Dan
    I guess i was thinking of my comments in the wip thrread.
    Anyways, beautiful work Beee

There's so much I like about this map.
    The flying creatures and craft, the shadows of the arrows, a bunch of little subtle things all working pleasantly together.
    Fine work.

Blog Entries

My favorite elements are as follows: first, the map itself, is crisp and clear. Second, what really really really elevates the map are the mini-battle scenes that are spread throughout. They give it a dynamic feel -- there is conflict afoot!

Keep up the good work.

Sulla

I can see why it won. It is masterful in its execution. Well deserved.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Have I commented on this yet? I don't think so, but this is really amazing! The map itself is great, but besides that, I love how you've shown the fight and all the little soldiers on the map. Great map!
    Better late than never : thanks a lot, Dan ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I just thought the same thing as Dan
    I guess i was thinking of my comments in the wip thrread.
    Anyways, beautiful work Beee

There's so much I like about this map.
    The flying creatures and craft, the shadows of the arrows, a bunch of little subtle things all working pleasantly together.
    Fine work.
    My super late but biggest thanks, J. !
    'make me want to make another battle map

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    My favorite elements are as follows: first, the map itself, is crisp and clear. Second, what really really really elevates the map are the mini-battle scenes that are spread throughout. They give it a dynamic feel -- there is conflict afoot!

Keep up the good work.

Sulla
    Hehe, thanks a lot, Sulla, I'm glad you love it ! The battle was the whole concept of this challenge, and a pleasure to design too ^^

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I can see why it won. It is masterful in its execution. Well deserved.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks so much for the kind words and rep, dear fellow

Guild Apprentice

This is a stunning map and definitely a worthy winner, if I ever saw one! The instant I start viewing it--well, admiring is probably a better word!--I get invested in the war. Who's winning?! The round-shields or the long-shields? I must know!!! Is there a technology vs magic theme to the war? I'm wondering since the airship looks reddish while the flying creature bluish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    This is a stunning map and definitely a worthy winner, if I ever saw one! The instant I start viewing it--well, admiring is probably a better word!--I get invested in the war. Who's winning?! The round-shields or the long-shields? I must know!!! Is there a technology vs magic theme to the war? I'm wondering since the airship looks reddish while the flying creature bluish.
    Haha, thanks a lot, Lars ! There's a few more details about the war on the WIP thread if you're interested. Frel (blue team) was about to win when Floris (red team) sent one airship against Tol'Kaereth and forced Frel to the most difficult choice : accept a strategic retreat or loose their capital. I tend to consider probably Floris people as more advanced for technology (they produce splendid mechanisms and magic in Amaran), but Frel people are the bravest and... they have dragons, so...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12