Hi guys!

I want to start by saying I have heard amazing things about this community and am excited to learn from the best of the best! I have been running the D&D 5e campaign Curse of Strahd for about 8 months now. My group has maxed out on content in the book, but want to keep it going so I am currently in the process of writing level 10-15 content for them in the Demiplane of Dread. I am pretty comfortable with the setting, and the regional maps included in the book are top-notch. While I have the majority of my story content laid out, my weak spot is 100% maps. I don't even know where to begin. I want to make something more visually appealing than the RPGmaker looking maps I've done with the Roll20 interface in the past, but I have no idea where to begin. I am willing to invest some money into software, but again aside from PS I really have no idea where to start.

Specifically, I am looking to create maps for three dungeon environments, and one smallish quest hub town. Like I said, I am happy with the larger scale maps included in the book. If there is some sort of FAQ thread for new members, I would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction! Thanks in advance!