Thread: Storm's Hollow

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Storm's Hollow

Hello all, this is my first post. I have recently gotten back into tabletop roleplaying games where I have been thrust into the roll of the DM. As such, I have found that there is a lot more mapping than I had originally remembered (although back in the day we let things slide mostly due to laziness). I figured I would share my first real attempt at mapping a small seaside village. I think this was an especially interesting experience in that I had originally drawn up a completley different village with a more of a rural aggriculural setting. When I sat my players down to roll up characters, they all decided to roll up characters with sailor/pirate backgrounds. Instead of trying to shoehorn them into my original map I decide to take a more of a ground-up approach and get back to the drawing board as it were. Herein we have the port town of Storm's Hollow. I would love any feedback as I have only just started to hone my cartographic skills...though I must admit that I have been bitten by the bug.

This BW image I have recently revisited and added a good deal of shaow. I found that a nice fat felt tip can do wonders to maps inked with fine Micron pens. I will be exploring this in the future. For the color picture I went in and added a number of color layers via Gimp. I liked what I came up with but might explore Krita in the future and perhaps invest in a tablet (coloring with mouse is awkward at best.)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Storm's_Hollow_BW_Shadows.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	4.65 MB 
ID:	106403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Storm's_Hollow_Color_Scan.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	4.66 MB 
ID:	106404
    Last edited by Ignis-fatuus; 04-15-2018 at 03:01 AM.