View Poll Results: Mar/April Lite Challenge "Guildworld" Vote for your favorites

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mus Murinae by aeshnidae

17 39.53%
  • The Azure Sea by antillies

0 0%
  • Sosnasib by Greason Wolfe

14 32.56%
  • The Eye of the Storm by Ifrix

1 2.33%
  • The Lands of Salsadine; by Jeremy

3 6.98%
  • Google Maps - Mitgliederliste by mixerbach

16 37.21%
  • The Lands of Corilliant by Neyasha

11 25.58%
  • The Fantastic Island of Guildia by nopkin

28 65.12%
  • Continent of Daelin by Ottehcnor

2 4.65%
  • Castle Caenwyr by QED42

2 4.65%
  • Guilded Lands by Straf

17 39.53%
  • Stevensonia by ThomasR

21 48.84%
  • Ascension Pass by Tonquani

5 11.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: March/April 2018 Lite Challenge: "Map Guild World!" TIME TO VOTE

Default March/April 2018 Lite Challenge: "Map Guild World!" TIME TO VOTE

March/April 2018 Lite Challenge: "Map Guild World!" TIME TO VOTE

This month's Lite Challenge asked you to make any kind of map as long as it represented The Guild. How you did it is up to you.

We have 13 great entries for you to vote on.
    Check out the Thumbnails of all these entries, but don't forget to click on each one so you can see them at full size.
    CLICK HERE for Challenge Thumbnails & Large maps

Be Sure to Check The Full Size Maps, don't just look at the thumbnails.

We have 13 entries and you can vote for as many or as few as you like.
    With so many great maps voting is going to be very hard once again. Fantastic work everyone, I'm Amazed by the talent!!

The voting will last for 3 days and the winner will receive a shiny silver compass, and our Eternal Praise!
    Regardless of who you vote for, please don't forget to REP everyone you feel deserves it.

Drat. Missed one. I always do that....

Votes cast ! Once again, the challenge was a blast, thanks Bogie

Uff, that was a hard decision ...
    Thanks for the great challenge, Bogie, I had a lot of fun with it!

Too many good entries this month! I had to vote for 6 or it just wouldn't have been fair.

Aw man..... I woke up this morning and my brain felt somewhat solid again. Then I saw that it was time to vote and started looking at all these great entries in detail. Near instant brain mush again! Seriously, people, what are you trying to do to me?

Anyways, I am off to poke everybody with my Twig of Reputation, after which I will try to figure out where my vote(s) are going.

Edit: Apparently I poked Ashnidae with my Twig of Rep to recently to poke again for this entry. A shame cause it's poke worthy.
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 04-15-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post

Edit: Apparently I poked Ashnidae with my Twig of Rep to recently to poke again for this entry. A shame cause it's poke worthy.
    I appreciate both the poke and attempted poke with your Twig of Rep!

I try to limit my votes to 2 or 3 but dang, there are so many amazing entries! I shall vote and rep when I'm back at my computer.

I could not agree more with the previous sentiments. Wow! Great job, everyone!
    A BIG thank you to the Bogermeister, without whom these fantastic challenge would not exist.
    And a special thank you to those folks who saw fit to vote for my map this month!

I don't normally vote for 5 but I just had to in this challenge. The sooner you artists get three silvers each the better for us non-artists Although it's like a Hydra - when one outstanding artist reaches three silvers, another two join the guild

Neyasha: your touch of colour made all the difference to me. The way it is drawn would not be out of place in any fantasy novel, and reminds me of the very reason I fell in love with fantasy maps. Then when you added colour - well that won me over no end. That compass rose is worthy of a vote on its own Someone needs to write the novel worthy of accompanying this map

Aeshnidae: I said before I'm not normally that much of a space map fan but this one does bring me in mind of games like Elite/Frontier and again the nostalgia factor won me over. Whenever I look over your map I have beepy sound effects in my head - if you've ever played Ingress, that's the sort of sound I mean, complete with voice. It evokes more than just visual pleasure, but has a sound as well

mixerbach: I've decided you're nuts. You hammer in an entry at the last minute filled with laugh out loud labels, almost like you didn't want to spoil the surprise. I woke up this morning and looked at it and had a right old chuckle. I've heard that poor Mouse's phone hasn't stopped ringing today

nopkin: beautifully drawn and painted map. It needs to be in a frame and hung up somewhere

ThomasR: you're a very talented artist with a good eye and a very good hand. To pick up a new tool and produce this without the benefit of Ctrl-Z or even an eraser shows a huge amount of confidence. Even if you were crapping your pants you still had the composure to see this through. You'd make a great rescue pilot. In fact we should rename you Thunderbird 1

Great work from everyone though. I shall dish out some rep in due course.

And yeah this has been a fun challenge @Bogie and has certainly brought out some creativity in naming features. It gives me an idea that I posted here.
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

The voting on this challenge was very difficult, again. Congratulations everyone. I had just a start of a map that I never started a thread for, but became busy and never had a chance to flesh it out. Well obviously everyone else was able to find some time, and the quality was so good, it was very hard to limit my voting.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast