Thread: The world of Aydin

Map The world of Aydin

Hi guys,
    I'm pretty new to C'sG so this isn't a proper post, unless you guys want to make it so (it would be more of risk with inside-quests, with diplomacy, trade, politics etc.)
    I just wanted to show you the map I made for the novel I have been working on for some time, and wanted to ask for you apinions, critics, etc.
    I also wanted to propose you something, as I am more a mapmaker than a proper writer, I want to know if anyone would be interested in jumping in with my project to write this story between eachother, either by choosing a country, or various, each (and naming them, describing them etc.), or directly writing it all toghether, with what I have made so far (I have many more maps with nations, climates, traderoutes...)
    Also, the main goal of the project is to tell the story of the world from its beginning, so it would be a pretty long story, though I would be happy if you wanted to help me with a part of it.
    Also, my cartography skills are not so good at the moment, the map I've attached is still to be finnished. It's a world map of the story I am making (in wich I hope you participate) aproximtely 3 times bigger than our world.

I hope you guys are interested, I will forward more info if anybody is.

Thanks guys

Pd: If this isn't the forum to post this, tell me because I coudn't think of anyother
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aydin Nuevo1.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	589.8 KB 
ID:	106387  

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected joaodafi's Avatar

First, the map looks pretty cool, though far from finished.

I would like to help, if you are willing to get help from a noob, I have some experience with writing, more than I have with cartography for sure.
    Sorry any grammatical error, I'm better with Portuguese than English.

Quote Originally Posted by joaodafi View Post
    First, the map looks pretty cool, though far from finished.

I would like to help, if you are willing to get help from a noob, I have some experience with writing, more than I have with cartography for sure.
    Hey man, of course, I'm just looking for a partner also if we are both noobs we'll get at the same starting point and develop together hehe.
    I will post today what I have so far, because this map is a few months old and I have added some things.

Are you portuguese? because I'm spanish actually hahah

So if interested I could share with you what I have writen (as schemes and notes) of the world itself, as I haven't done any proper story yet, and tell you what the main goal is

I am Brazilian. And yes I am willing to help in whatever you need, in cartography in the background development, just DM me.

Cool man, will do

I like the landshape a lot. This could be an interesting project you have here.

If this is a world-map of a world that is three times bigger than our own Earth, than i think your mountains are way too big (they are out of proportion).

Tell us a bit about the world! (as an avid reader and a p&p roleplayer, i am always interested in the stories and histories of made up worlds)
    Also, if you do have more maps, i'm interested to see them.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prube.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	657.2 KB 
ID:	106441

Thank you Eilathen, really appreciate it man.

Totlly agree with you about the mountais, but as it was such a big map, placing little mountains would be difficult to see haha i just placed them as a scheme to see where they are, but I am working on the height map of the full world (because I'm not really into logos of mountins, trees etc, I was looking to make a more realistic map, but I'm quite a newbie), will send it when finnished.

As for the story, I will be posting stuff from time to time, but it's basically what i told you in the other thread: A full timeline of the world spanding through a coupe thousand years., where the main powers and ''main character countries'' would change through time, as empires rise and fall following the rules of nature. even though, one Empire will be nearly always present, that is the Tuzlian Empire, wich will of course also rise and fall several times, change dinasties and fall into civil wars a few time over time. I wanted to focus the story on this Empire, where the main dinasties would fight for the central power and woud try to annihilate eachother, due to the historic hate between them. Each of them has different purposes, either to dominate other countries and races, protectionism, and maybe even a pacifist king, who knows, although he wouldn't last long, because the Tuzlians are a very ambitious people with an expantionism based basically on racism (not based on their hatred to others, but to pure love of themselves hehe).
    Then, outside of Tuzla, other conflics will also appear. I wanted to make a realistic representation of human beings in this book, to try to explain man's nature from my oint of view and from an historical perspective. I said realistic, though I was planning on adding a little fantasy of course, which i'm still working on, like magic (explaining the world's magiic system), a few creatures, and even considering adding some gods, though I'm not sure about this (if there were any gods, they woud be similar to greek gods, as non involved and detached from humans due to their corruption of soul).

I thinks it's being a very long text haha if not tell me. But I'll just explain a few more things and elaborate a bit more if you're interested.

Inside of Tuzla, the main dinasties and as follow (ordered from most to least powerful in time): the Ikaria Dinasty, based in Antara, the Basov Dinasty, based in Hiiuma, and the Kuthaia in Debrezen. Other families in other regions are either too small to be icluded in this little introduction, or are ubordinated to one of these main regions. With time, some new families appear, and others dissapear. After the implantation on a unique coin to all Tuzlian kingdoms, comerce is one of the main causes to new powers emerging. i.e. Banking and comercial families who buy some land and workforce start getting quite powerfull, some of them even pose a great threat to the main Families.

The story will be divided in Eras, that start and end with major historical events (similar to our world with industralization for example).

So i still have a lot of work to do, develloping the main world and also putting names to everything (wich is something I don't like to much, as they all sound either too weird, or too similar to Tolkien and other fantasies) so I'm really looking for people who want to take part, as I said on the other post, to create a little group to make it.

Also this is where I'm at right now with the shape of the world, as you can see, it still needs a lot of work.

Pd: sorry for any mispelling

hohoho, now we're getting some nice world building.

hehee add what you seem fit, devellopp whatever you want man? all this is just ideas I have but nothing fix