I'm still fairly new to this site and the community but I wanted to share some of my world building you all. As it stands I have a good portion of the geography figured out and will shortly be working on a set of symbols for my numerous towns, cities, &c..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World_Map.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	106426

I decided right off the bat that I wanted my world to tell a narrative. This is to say that I want the viewer to look at it and start to ask questions and begin to engage with the storied past of my world in all but a glance. To this end I decided to carve out a circular region on west side of the continent. I deliberately wish to make it look as if some sort of destructive force ripped the world assunder, carving out a new sea, thrusting up new coastal mountain ranges, and creating islands in the oceanic folds of the blast. I have'nt completely narrated this part out yet, but it will be a major story element for the purpose of defining the history of my world, Duskfell.

I will be adding town, city, &c. markers soon, but I would to have your feedback. What do you think of this narrative/storried approach? Have you used it with success, and if so, what other ways are there for conveying cartographic visual narratives?

Thanks,
-I-F-