Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April 2018 Challenge: Magocracy of Tirasea

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I want to draw the montains like you.
    You will fill all these frames !? Ouch...
    It looks already incredible.
    Thanks Narc !
    Mountains are definitely what I prefer to draw : every single one can be a story by itself in my mind ^^'
    And... yes, all the frames... hopefully !

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Nope, to change of mind yet

=

New update. Worked on some more ornaments, some first lights & shadows here and there, tried a new style for my forests, added a few more biomes. What the WIP does not show is the "wild layer" which covers mountains, forests, swamps and deserts and which I calculated to be exactly 46% of the surface. Exactly.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MagocracyTirasea_WIP03_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	106532

Maybe a few colors for the next step...

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Simply gorgeous ! And thanks to show us your process, I find always fascinating to fellow the artists process...

You're just too good! Your textures are phenomenal and I really want to do a better job of improving my background textures.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Simply gorgeous ! And thanks to show us your process, I find always fascinating to fellow the artists process...
    You're very welcome, Jo ! It's pretty motivating to show the process, so we're both winners here ^^

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    You're just too good! Your textures are phenomenal and I really want to do a better job of improving my background textures.
    Hii, thank you North ! ^^

=

Some big progress on the map, with tiny icons, scale (so Diamond will be able to check if I respected the 81.000 sq. miles I had to draw ), and some light colors. I think I don't want more for the map itself : I just like it as it is right now
    Hope you'll enjoy !

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	MagocracyTirasea_WIP04_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	106558

Guild Expert

Very nice... Love the little lights, I almost didn't notice them at first and have always shied away from putting anything too shiny on an aged parchment style map but I see now that it can work well when it's done in a subtle way like this, great job so far.

Yeah ! The lights are a great idea ! I love the beacon of light over the capital (I guess ?) With that little effect, now your kingdom become a mageocracy ! Good thinking !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Very nice... Love the little lights, I almost didn't notice them at first and have always shied away from putting anything too shiny on an aged parchment style map but I see now that it can work well when it's done in a subtle way like this, great job so far.
    To be honest, I used to think the same, but challenges are a good way to make experiences and a "magocraty" definitely needs something magic, so I tried and was pretty happy and surprised to see it working. Maybe I'll try to push the concept a little further

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Yeah ! The lights are a great idea ! I love the beacon of light over the capital (I guess ?) With that little effect, now your kingdom become a mageocracy ! Good thinking !!!!
    Thanks Jo ! The tiny lights on the two "circles" worked fastly, but I had to put more efforts on the capital to find the proper effect and color. Glad you like it !

=

Time to go out of the main map, this time !
    I had some fun (and a headache too) to find how to combine the district boundaries (in Tirasea we call them "maginions"). Of course, a mage doesn't care about things like natural boundaries (who cares about mountains when he has an airship ?), that's why they prefer follow the magidians and magallels (which are better on this version of the map : don't know why they were that bold on the previous WIP).

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	MagocracyTirasea_WIP05_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	106575

Very good ideas ! You keep bringing magic to this map and it works so well !

This is AWESOME!!! I love the sparkle of magic, the design, and the map above all.
    I don't know how I missed this... You're working on a lot of fantastic maps at the same times, how are you doing this!!!

*writing MistyBeee on my list of "possibly has her/his own fairy crew at her/his disposal"*

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Are you kidding me?!? This is mind-blowing. I think what really sets you apart, besides your obviously great artistic skills, is your sense of layout and design - everything is right where it's supposed to be.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast