Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April 2018 Challenge: Magocracy of Tirasea

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Very good ideas ! You keep bringing magic to this map and it works so well !
    Thank you ! It's good to work on something that is just in my mind, for once, so I'm super happy it's appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    This is AWESOME!!! I love the sparkle of magic, the design, and the map above all.
    I don't know how I missed this... You're working on a lot of fantastic maps at the same times, how are you doing this!!!
    *writing MistyBeee on my list of "possibly has her/his own fairy crew at her/his disposal"*
    I assume my husband may be considered as my personal fairy, since he cooks for me everyday while I'm dealing with my map making half-time job (12h per day (ok... more 14 this month, including weekends...) ^^)
    Anyway, glad you like this one too ! It's good to change my style and explore new horizons

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Are you kidding me?!? This is mind-blowing. I think what really sets you apart, besides your obviously great artistic skills, is your sense of layout and design - everything is right where it's supposed to be.
    Thanks a lot Diamond ! ^^'
    It's quite fun : I got several commentaries about this now I'm on the Guild. For sure I think about it but now I wonder if it's a reminder of my old webdesign career ? I was especially concerned about ergonomy, which is too rare on the web in my opinion (even from professional designers !) ^^.
    Uh... I hated this job : it's way, way better to draw maps !

=

New day new WIP !
    Trying to find the best color for the border. I firstly had a blue or violet in mind but I was constantly coming back to this yellow and who am I to upset a color ? So, yellow, and let's assume it
    Also added the wild areas on minimaps (special for Diamond : you cant count every pixel, it's precisely 46% of the total ! May the fairies bless the measurement log in Photoshop) & tiny symbols referring to the main locations.
    What else... oh, tiny coat of arms, because I love tiny coat of arms, and two 'horizontal' scale lines along the magallels.
    Now I think it's time to start working on the bottom central zone, which is the most challenging and exciting part of the map

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MagocracyTirasea_WIP06_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	106601

Holy moly!!!

This is outstanding!!! I'm amazed by the speed you work with top quality results!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

The yellow is gorgeous, and I love the tiny coats of arms.

...and it's not me you have to please so much as it is the voters.

Quote Originally Posted by El Tau View Post
    Holy moly!!!
    This is outstanding!!! I'm amazed by the speed you work with top quality results!
    Thanks a lot El Tau !!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    The yellow is gorgeous, and I love the tiny coats of arms.
    ...and it's not me you have to please so much as it is the voters.
    Oh, I'm not stingy with my thanks usually : voters have my gratitude too (and my husband who cooks for me, and my dog who warms my knees while I'm working too ^^) !
    I saw in another thread we share the same fascination for the coats of arms, Diamond. I have some more in my mind for this specific map

=

Some new progress : the maps are finished now, with labels and compasses (is it the proper plural ? I'm never sure), and the light/left areas too, I think.
    I think I never had such an hard time to design a compass. The one I finally choose is pretty simple but I made something like... 10 trials (?) I didn't liked for this specific map. My "to be adopted" file where I put the designs that I finally rejected but can be used for other projects is now full of abandonned compasses !).

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	MagocracyTirasea_WIP07_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	106635

Alors, tranquille, on prend deux, trois jours de vacances loin du forum et, boum, t'as encore produit une petite merveille ! Va falloir se calmer un peu

So, chilling, one goes out on a two, three days vacation away from the forum and, boom, you give us another marvel ! You gotta calm down, lady

Your map looks spectacular! I also like the simple style of your compass - I wouldn't have guessed, that it gave you such a hard time.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    and my dog who warms my knees while I'm working too...
    What kind of dog ?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Alors, tranquille, on prend deux, trois jours de vacances loin du forum et, boum, t'as encore produit une petite merveille ! Va falloir se calmer un peu
    So, chilling, one goes out on a two, three days vacation away from the forum and, boom, you give us another marvel ! You gotta calm down, lady
    Hmm... Oups ? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    Your map looks spectacular! I also like the simple style of your compass - I wouldn't have guessed, that it gave you such a hard time.
    Thank you Neyasha ! I usually consider there is always one special challenge on every map, and in my case it's rarely the hardest part nor the more spectacular. More often, it's this tiny detail which cause no worry at a first view, so I don't think and plan upstream ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    What kind of dog ?
    A long haired dachshund : the perfect dog to warm you when it's cold, can be used rolled on itself on the knees or elongated along the legs, includes an automatic alarm clock to remind you when it's time to eat or go out for a walk, with a precision about 3 minutes.

=

Time for the latest WIP, with the map finished (well... as much as a map can be : I'm sure I'm not the only one who still see billions of other edits and potential add-ons, even at the end of a project ?).
    I tried to include as much as possible of the informations given by the random generator (with a few transformations... ), which was quite fun at the end, even if Photoshop didn't liked my layout ideas.
    Hope you'll like it, guys !

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	MagocracyTirasea_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	106670
    Last edited by MistyBeee; 04-29-2018 at 04:30 AM.

C'est une tuerie!!! Une superbe carte. Et ces effets de lumières!!!!
    Great map, you killed it!. And those lightnings!!!!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    A long haired dachshund : the perfect dog to warm you when it's cold, can be used rolled on itself on the knees or elongated along the legs, includes an automatic alarm clock to remind you when it's time to eat or go out for a walk, with a precision about 3 minutes.
    I know the feeling, except none of my dogs will roll itself on my knees... one is a Newfoundland, the other is a St-Bernard...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast