Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of Thayal

Default Kingdom of Thayal

Hey Guildies,

Lately I have been working on a couple of maps for some map sets. I've published them today and wanted to share them here as well.

The Kingdom of Thayal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thayal Preview.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	981.3 KB 
ID:	106444

The Kingdom of Thayal is a medieval, low-fantasy Kingdom over-run by foul creatures. The plague has been spreading, and must be stopped, before the Kingdom falls to ruin.

The Town of Lyryn

Name:	Lyryn Preview.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	106510

The Town of Lyryn is a small town located on a well-travelled crossroad. Many merchants came through here, but not since the lands have become infested with monsters. Someone must save the town and find a way to make the monsters go away.

Ancient Portal

Name:	Portal Preview.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	758.6 KB 
ID:	106446

In the rooms of this cave lie valuable riches, protected by the creatures who made this their home. For those who manage to make it to the far back of this cave, terrible secrets lure behind a secret passage.

As always, let me know your thoughts!
    Last edited by DanielHasenbos; 04-20-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Great maps as always but I do have one suggestion for your village. It looks like the people there are going to be pretty thirsty as there doesn't seem to be any water source! In future you might want to drop in a well, river or something similar. I think that would help keep the village feeling realistic.

These are indeed very nice maps, Daniel. I especially like the regional map. The only suggestion I would make for the village map is that it looks a bit too clean and crisp for a settlement facing decline/difficulties.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Very nice set, Daniel ! My preference goes for the regional map too, and I kinda agree with the "too clean" aspect of the village, even if it's a cute one.

Nice work ! I especially love the town icons.
    As there is no labels on the maps and as it's for a map set, the "clean" areas can be useful to take notes for a player, maybe ?

I love the regional map ! Your mastery of that style is really impressive. From the mountains to the covered rivers, it's perfect and a special mention of your shallow waters : a bit naive but damn efficient.

The village map is the one I like less. The village seems a bit lifeless. You did a wonderful job on the roofs but I'd darken a bit the lines texturing them. The fields and grass lands lack texture for me and adding some props near the houses would help give them character.

The cave is in a style you've been developing lately and it's a treat for me Kudos for the little lights, they give the whole piece an eerie atmosphere while being very discreet.

Great work, Daniel. Like Ilanthar I also find the regional map very attractive. I think in my case its about the lovely way you have presented the settlement icons

Splendid work. I especially like the regional maps.

Cheers,
    Karl

Thanks for the comments everyone! Especially the feedback for the town is great. I'll definitely go back at that and re-upload the map set!

In the meantime I'll do some shameless advertising that I forgot to the in the original post: Go to my webshop and feel free to pick up some of my map sets at danielsmaps.com/shop/

Made some changes to and re-uploaded the Town of Lyryn map. Is this better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast