Thread: Illustration & Floorplans of a Building (potentially 3D perhaps?)

Guild Novice Guild Supporter
    Blog Entries

Default Illustration & Floorplans of a Building (potentially 3D perhaps?)

Good evening everyone,

I've never made a proper request before, so please bear with me and do point out any errors or corrections I need to make.

What: I need a decent illustration made of a key building I've designed many years ago for use in an RPG (Space:1889). I have a crude illustration of it in pen in my notebook. I can use that as primary reference, but I'd probably expand upon that a little bit more with some freehand drawing. I then need someone to work their magic to make this digital, fit for publishing in an A4 format - maybe even to scale up as an A3 foldout.

Aspects: likely to need three illustrations - the ground floor layout, the top floor layout, and then an external view picture of the building to show it in its surroundings. Those three illustrations may or may not then provide further pictures, to say reference a specific room or area, but I've not finalised that with the format of how the document will be.

The floor layouts should have enough detail to pick out the specific rooms and features, with adjacent text to name those areas. Colour palette to go with the building and rooms will aim for a nice clean picture probably in muted colour shades. I'm happy to provide clear directions on this. If it's possible to do this in a 3D tilted angle that would be useful, but that's not absolutely necessary and a plan/top-down view will be fine. Any additional art and text in the margins will be fine, but that's an option to discuss as we proceed.

Deadline: no immediate urgency, but it would be handy to have this completed by June 30th? Does that sound reasonable and achievable?

Paid? I may actually be able to offer some funds, but i guess it depends on your charges. It will be used for publishing purposes at some point, so I'll want the freedom to do so, but full accreditation to the artist is a must in my world, and I'll willingly include your website/portfolio details. And I will provide the artist at least one personal printed copy of the product too.

Have I covered everything here? As I said, do please advise me on anything I've missed out. And any questions, please ask away.

Thank you for your time in reading this

Hey TAG-UK,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Guild Novice Guild Supporter
    Blog Entries

Thank you Daniel, I will indeed get in touch with you, hopefully tomorrow