Thread: New Here~

Banned User

Post New Here~

Hello all,

My name is Kas, I'm 24 almost 25 and I live in Alberta Canada. I just found this forum while looking at how to make some D&D maps. Thanks Geek and Sundry <3

I am very much an amateur, and I'm looking forward to finding out more about cartography for novel world building and campaign world building.

So greetings and salutations~

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey Kas, welcome to the Guild, where we're so mappy we bleed ink (or pixels). If you have questions, comments, need help with a tutorial, fire away.

Guild Apprentice

Welcome Kas, I am sure you will find something here to help you build the maps and worlds of your dreams. OMG what an exciting prospect��

Jeremy

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Hey Kas, welcome to the Guild, where we're so mappy we bleed ink (or pixels). If you have questions, comments, need help with a tutorial, fire away.
    Thanks Diamond! Bleeding inky pixels is one of my favorite things to do. xD Actually now that you mention it, town marker brushes? I can't seem to find anything to my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Welcome Kas, I am sure you will find something here to help you build the maps and worlds of your dreams. OMG what an exciting prospect��

Jeremy
    Thanks Jeremy~ I have already found some helpful things that I can't wait to try! Isn't it exciting? ^^

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FangirlKitten View Post
    Thanks Diamond! Bleeding inky pixels is one of my favorite things to do. xD Actually now that you mention it, town marker brushes? I can't seem to find anything to my tastes.
    Yeah, those aren't easy to come by in any form, and finding ones that you like seems to be increasingly hard. It really depends on what you're going for. If it's just shapes (like circles/dots, stars-in-circles, etc), then with some practice you can make excellent ones on your own. For stuff that's more representational like ISO town/building markers... those aren't easy to find. I guess my best advice there is either practice, practice, practice, or hire someone to draw some for you. Sorry that wasn't really of much help.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Yeah, those aren't easy to come by in any form, and finding ones that you like seems to be increasingly hard. It really depends on what you're going for. If it's just shapes (like circles/dots, stars-in-circles, etc), then with some practice you can make excellent ones on your own. For stuff that's more representational like ISO town/building markers... those aren't easy to find. I guess my best advice there is either practice, practice, practice, or hire someone to draw some for you. Sorry that wasn't really of much help.
    It's all good, I just started on my map of my new campaign world and I'm using sketched symbols to notify certain things. Well I do have a cousin that draws might have to get her help. Thanks for the advice!