Thanks for posting Azélor

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
The Witcher features many different contries and Irish sounding names are not that common in the universe. But while I played the 2 first games, I'm not vety familiar with setting, so I could be wrong. The universe felt diverse to me and more inspired from Germany/Eastern Europe.
There's a fair bit of Irish and Welsh mixed in with the Nordic. But I agree, the main stories borrow mostly mainland European nations.

...the funny thing is that many French towns names sounds odd to me.
I'm very curious as to why this is. Why do think French names sound odd to you?

More recently I started working on another horror inspired map. It's more like Lovecraft so you have a lot of England and Massachusetts sounding names. https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...9&d=1526055714
I like Lovecraft so I'll definitely keep an eye on where this map leads...

Just wow! This is a fantastic map. I especially love the clouds and depth they bring. Same with the rivers. And the colours. Actually everything

But as this is a naming thread, I also really like your approach to naming, where you take into account your neighbours place names makes sense to me and could serve to throw up a new sort of conlang? Should that be hyphenated? I don't k-now.

I'd be interested in the doc if you had it as I'm always keen to learn from/plagiarise other peoples work and experiences

Thanks again.