Thread: Erkania War

Wip Erkania War

Hello Again,

I've been working on this map recently for a D&D Game that my players are going through. I was using a different map for the game up till now but my players have expressed an interest in starting a civil war inside one of the countries on the larger map. So this is basically a zoomed in, more detailed view, of the country that they could not see before. The original map that this is based off of and embellished from was made by MaximePlasse named Selestya. https://maximeplasse.deviantart.com/...stya-605159344

I'm working in the central country on that continent. My version includes several things that were not in the original, but I'll still be using the names in the original for the places that are on the original map. My hope is that I can do justice to the original in a new style.
    To Do:
    Color
    Label
    Roads
    Province Borders
    Minor Details
    ???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erkania.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	107130

Wip

I've had a bit of free time to work on this so I'm making quick progress. I'm pretty happy with how this is turning out so far. I still need to add some more details in various locations but as it is now, it is a functional map.

My main concerns are that the font for the labels may be a bit hard to read in some places.
    I also plan to add some detail to the water, at least some depth or waves. But I do kinda want to add a sea monster for kicks.
    I want to add a few more landmarks like a wizard tower, farmland, maybe some forest monsters or something.
    I am also considering redrawing the icons for the towns, forts, etc.
    Do you like them as being unique per location or should they be more standardised based on type?

If you see any mistakes or anything needs to be fixed please let me know.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erkania.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	107175