Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: May 2018 Challenge: Mahere&Vanua Post

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I'll try to bring some corrections fellowing your nice comments, but meanwhile I moved on with labels, prices, and some more decoration : I know it goes in the "wrong" direction, regarding some stamps that are cramped, but regarding the "cramping situation", sometimes the piece is too cramped or, it's not enough... (I'm not sure I'm clear with my thoughts on this one...) So I'll try to cramp it more before I eventually get rid of some elements if it's really too cramped.
    I try to keep in mind that it's a stamp, and "cramped" might be the right state for a stamp...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stamps challenge 05.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	107420

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    They're looking fab, Jo. Looking forward to seeing the final version with the prices.
    Thanks ChickPea... Not sure about this "cramped" situation, but I'll try this direction for a while

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Interestingly, adding the text makes it feel less cramped. Now it feels more balanced. These are really beautiful stamps.

Oh, Jo ! They're really great ! The price, font and tribal ornament you added work perfectly and add a lot to the atmosphere : just well done
    Nothing cramped there : just the good feeling for a stamp set.
    (And the sea frame without the black line is better in my opinion ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    Interestingly, adding the text makes it feel less cramped. Now it feels more balanced. These are really beautiful stamps.
    Thanks... It's odd that adding element gives the feeling of less cramped stamps...

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Oh, Jo ! They're really great ! The price, font and tribal ornament you added work perfectly and add a lot to the atmosphere : just well done
    Nothing cramped there : just the good feeling for a stamp set.
    (And the sea frame without the black line is better in my opinion ^^)
    Thanks... I find it too : it's better without the black line... And as long as nothing seems to be cramped, let's add some things !

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think !

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Stamps challenge 06.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	107458

I love how you incorporated the background into the stamps! I'm just not sure if it wouldn't be better to have the ornaments visible on the border of the stamps as well.

Just great, Jo ! I love this version even better !
    Two picky notes : the main 'black' totem is a little too blurry for me (but I assume it's just a personal taste : I would let it blurry on the stamps, but neat on the background/border if it makes sense) ; and maybe there is something to do with the edge of the stamps : as there is no little circles, you can't cut the stamps from the border, so it's a little less credible, maybe ^^'
    Oooh, I would like those stamps in my collection !!

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    I love how you incorporated the background into the stamps! I'm just not sure if it wouldn't be better to have the ornaments visible on the border of the stamps as well.
    Thanks... I tried to make the ornaments visible on the border as well... let me know what you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Just great, Jo ! I love this version even better !
    Two picky notes : the main 'black' totem is a little too blurry for me (but I assume it's just a personal taste : I would let it blurry on the stamps, but neat on the background/border if it makes sense) ; and maybe there is something to do with the edge of the stamps : as there is no little circles, you can't cut the stamps from the border, so it's a little less credible, maybe ^^'
    Oooh, I would like those stamps in my collection !!
    Thanks too ! I made the totem very sharp and let it in a more blurry shape behind the stamps.. And I tried to fix the little circles : I think you're right, for "collection" stamps, you usually get them with an explanatory-decorative paper around, and you can detach them from this paper... I tried to give that impression, and for that, I had to colour the paper of the background (the white in the little holes was really not a good idea) I wonder if one understand better now that the stamps can be detached from the larger paper ? Let me know what you think ?

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Stamps challenge 08.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	107492

I choose another solution : enlarge the whole picture and choose another background...

Which do you prefer : leather or wood ?

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Stamps challenge 09 cuir.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	3.22 MB 
ID:	107493

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Stamps challenge 09 bois.jpg 
Views:	73