Thread: Charta - a venture into boardgaming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by AlfansosRevenge View Post
    In terms of the forests, I think they currently look good. What specifically are you insecure about?

Also, I was wondering if the tiles are supposed to be pieced together randomly or intentionally? If randomly, how do you ensure all the roads connect? Maybe I'm just missing some aspect of the mechanics, but it seems that since some tiles have more road exits than others there will be issues preventing odd dead ends.
    Thank you! The forests seem a bit "cobbled together", and somehow don't show enough accuracy in the lines IMHO. Yet, i don't know how to make them look better ATM.

As for the tiles, these are meant to have a large number of possible combinations but are NOT put together randomly. For once, that would be a serious issue with the coasts.
    The game require players alternating placing tiles while moving explorers in the settlements around. As long as players have options to put their tiles, it's fine.

Default JUst love this one

I love how you brought this one to table top, Do you possible make them and sell them also???

Quote Originally Posted by homerjosephclemons View Post
    I love how you brought this one to table top, Do you possible make them and sell them also???
    Thank you Homer! For now, the tiles are meant for the prototype only. But yes, ideally the plan is to find a publisher and go live with this little fun game!

Speaking of games, i just had one tonight. I did implement a few rule changes, that allowed much more convincing sea lines, hopefully. I had some very interesting feedbacks from a fresh player, and i'm now gonna work on the rules - once again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03165.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	430.1 KB 
ID:	113966

Here a shot of the finished map. Probably more pleasing for your cartographic eyes?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03171.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	406.4 KB 
ID:	113967

Thanks for the support everyone!
    Jack