Thread: Emerging from a 2 year lurk to actually say hi

Blog Entries

Post Emerging from a 2 year lurk to actually say hi

I've been a member of this forum for a good long while... but I've just been a lurker to this point.

I've always loved maps, I'm a geologist so I make and use a lot of geological maps in my work. But I also make and use maps for my various tabletop RPG games.

While I do dive into the digital realm now and again my favoured weapons are pencils, pens and watercolour.

I'm embarking on a fairly extensive worldbuilding project for a game I want to run so I figured maybe I'd actually post here, rather than just lurking and admiring everyone else's work, though I'm sure to continue that as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VancouverMap-ScaledDown.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	667.2 KB 
ID:	107212
    (watercolour map of Vancouver area as a backdrop and mood setting piece for a Dresden Fate game I'm running. Location markers added digitially in Roll20 so we can change them on the fly as different areas become important or drop out of relevance)

Hi OldEarth,

This is really good! I especially like the glyphs on the border. Your other maps are really characterful also

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing more of your maps.

Beautiful map, nice soft blended colors! And great font/handwriting, I like it a lot.