Thread: I Need Suggestions

Map I Need Suggestions

This Is A Tour Map Requested By A Tourism Industry, Please May I Get Some Suggestions On It Please I Make A Final Print?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tour3NR.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	6.50 MB 
ID:	107275  

First things are make sure all the city and town dots are on a layer above the roads. You also might consider a different text solution as when it passes over the roads or other lines it can be visually cluttered and difficult to read. Your arrow lines should preferably not cross over any other lines (put them on layer underneath all the other lines and words), also you may consider making them a more toned down colour, like a mid grey or something. This may just be me, but the origin points for those arrows should be consistent and be dead center from their start dots. Same thing with texts sizes, Nania, Paga, and Gwollu just to name a few are bigger than Tongo, Bongo, and Sirigu. Capitals should be the only ones with a bigger text all the other towns should be the exact same font size. Personally I don't like the pictures covering the roads but I don't really have a different solution for you.

It does a pretty good job of pointing out the places of interest around and makes Ghana look pretty interesting. I wish you success.

Now I really want to visit northern Ghana - so I agree with Falconius, that the map does a very good job pointing out interesting places.

The arrows not being consistent was also one of the first things I noticed. Sometimes they start at the center of the dots, sometimes at the border and sometimes they don't even start directly at a dot. This looks a bit unprofessional to me, although I really like the map as a whole.

Also, there are several features near the top left with no arrows to show their locations. I agree very much with the need for consistency, and I would suggest making a greater contrast between the picture labels for the features shown in the photos and the map labels, so that they are distinct at a glance. I think a dark blue text would show up well, so I'd try a simple color change.