Thread: Tirnian Fantasy maps

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Tirnian Fantasy maps

As a rookie mapmaker I have been trying to absorb as much I could from the tutorials. I made maps of the same continent using two styles Ascension's Antique Maps... and Tear's "Saedran Style. Im happy with both and they will fill my purpose as base for an RPG campaign. Both maps are made in Photoshop.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mic Tirnian.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	107505
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mic Tirnian B.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	107506

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

The maps look nice. I like both for different reasons. I tend to like fewer colors on maps and the top map fits that while the bottom map has colors that dont clash and fit together. I especially like the sea on the bottom map with its variations. I would suggest however to add a key if someone other than you will be using the maps. In the top map it took me a few moments to see the different sizes of city icons and to figure out what the mountain symbols were (at least I think they are mountains from comparing it to the colored map).

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanxs for your coments. Perhaps I should have used italicized text for the towns to separate them from the Cities. I will take your comments to heart and maybe im not as finished with them as i thought