Thread: Vyagwin, the Weathered Jewel

Default Vyagwin, the Weathered Jewel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vyagwin, the Weathered Jewel, by Ian Ringler.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	107619
    This is a big undertaking for me, as it has been many moons since I last drew a town, but with all the amazing artwork I've been seeing around here, I have renewed fervor for drawing so we'll see where it takes me!

This is a town of only 1369 people, but they are hardy as the flora that grows around them. Mostly elven and gnome in population, it harbors many unusual races, notably giants, whom like others of unfamiliar birthright in Vyagwin, have adapted to civilized life in this frontier trade hub over the centuries.
    Ancient beyond measure, all texts regarding Vyagwin describe its original construction vaguely at best, but surely place it sometime during the first aeon, when the Auzari ruled over today's common races of elves, dwarves, and gnomes. It has been rebuilt countless times, and still to this day remains without walls, and with eyes and ears everywhere. It is the Jewel of the frontier, a town often held in high regard for their seamless tolerance, strong Sentinel militia, and upright trade ethics.

This is also the main starting town of my 4th, soon to be 5th level Pathfinder campaign. This is extra exciting because we are a fairly new, but very strong and dedicated group of 6 that have just finished their first dungeon, so we are going to be headed to this town on our next session, and leveling up, yay!

Glad I can share with you all, there will be more to come as I find time to put it down, I hope you enjoy.

-IR

A wild update appears!

Name:	Vyagwin, the Weathered Jewel, by Ian Ringler2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	107788
    This is my first attempt at 3D sketching of buildings and such, so criticism as to making it better is welcome.

Docks done, some main roads put in. I got distracted by the June monthly challenge, else there would be more fabricated by now.

Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by Adfor; 06-29-2018 at 07:04 PM.

it looks good but I think you will have an easier time drawing it from the bottom up. You're going to be using your eraser a lot more if you go from the top down. =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    it looks good but I think you will have an easier time drawing it from the bottom up. You're going to be using your eraser a lot more if you go from the top down. =P
    Duly noted, thanks Larb!

Hmmm, sounds really promising ! Can't wait to see more of it !

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Hmmm, sounds really promising ! Can't wait to see more of it !
    Ahh! Can't wait to show you!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Vyagwin, the Weathered Jewel, by Ian Ringler3.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	108068

Life has been wild lately so I haven't had a huge amount of free time to sink into this sucker, but progress is progress! Got the main roads in, some named, a few farm areas and little residentials as well. Much more to be done, but it's turning out decent! Let me know what you think!

-IR