Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Sundered World, a weird map

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

WOW! There's so much awesomeness here, I'm still ogling all of the details! That skull is something else!

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    So creative! One hell of a cool map, well done!
    Thanks Adfor !

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    This is awesome Thomas, it turned out really well, great job.
    Thanks a lot kacey !

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Damn, what a comeback Thomas! This is a freaking awesome map. Rich with symbolism and so much to discover... Beside all these fantastic (and sometimes creepy) illustrations, i love the overall composition with the floating islands and the "Thurian" planet (you can be proud of it indeed!). As you might guess, i am thrilled to see that new sort of mountains with these lovely hatches (don't want to know how many hours it took, including the "under-cliffs" of the islands oO ) Congratulations on finishing this massive commission.
    Rep is on it's way... (Edit: damnit, i seem to be too niggardly with repping lately :/ )
    Take care,
    Martin
    Thank you Martin ! The goal was to stick to some described parts and load the rest with places to explore and spark adventures, I'm glad you think it works The composition needed to be one of a spiral galaxy and I have to admit, it's not exactly that but close enough. I used a sketchup view as a guide for the perspective and I love the "Thurians" ! I'm happy you like the mountains, they're inspired by yours (a bit) and John's (a lot), as for the cliffs, you ARE right, I guess they took 10 to 12 hours to hatch properly, a real torture ! Thanks for the praise mein Freund

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Awesome Thomas I'm happy to finally see this thing in its entirety.
    There's a lot of coolness going on in there. Nods.
    Thanks a lot John, you were an inspiration on so much levels here, glad you like it

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Dang, man. That's a helluva lot of work, but the result is mind-blowing. I especially love the fleet of coffins - vampire invasion in the making?

edit: and of course I can't rep you.
    Thanks D. More like dead gods drifting away (it's a post-apo fantasy world).

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Yeah, that is indeed a comeback. Kick and enter with a stomp. This is one of the most creative maps i have seen in a while. Really good job. I will come back with the rep.
    Thanks Rafal, your words cheer me up

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Amazing Thomas, so much GOOD! Crazy good details!
    Thanks Bogie, I really appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Aaah ! I saw tiny pieces of this one on your Instagram account recently and here we are : the final version. The stunning final version ! Tu t'es surpassé !!
    Congrats for this commission, congrats for the big work, and welcome back !
    Merci Beee Glad you like the whole piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Impressive ! So... this is the reason why you were mostly quiet at the guild this last weeks .
    I love this, there are so many things to look at. And the layout/view is pure genius!
    Merci beaucoup Julien It's quite busy indeed and if only I had more time, it would have been even more packed with adventure !

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    WOW! There's so much awesomeness here, I'm still ogling all of the details! That skull is something else!
    Thanks aeshnidae You found the dragon yet ? And, yes, this skull is creeping me out !

Wow that perspective is really nice. love the other elements as well. That's a whole lot of cliff lines there. Great job!

ah j'adore! enfin la version complète sur insta on voit moins bien les détails. j'adore!!!!
    finally the full map! You did an amazing work as usual.
    I like especially the "Route Dorée" and the "Amas". Well done Thomas!

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

I love it, so neat and so much details. The shades of black are top.

Really enjoyed seeing this one come together. It's an incredible piece.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Wow that perspective is really nice. love the other elements as well. That's a whole lot of cliff lines there. Great job!
    Thanks a lot Ric I had a sketchup help for the perspective but it wasn't easy to follow with so much going on and I knew you'd love those cliffs !

Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    ah j'adore! enfin la version complète sur insta on voit moins bien les détails. j'adore!!!!
    finally the full map! You did an amazing work as usual.
    I like especially the "Route Dorée" and the "Amas". Well done Thomas!
    Merci Robin Yeah, the "Route Dorée" and "L'Amas de Bhalen'lad" were the most time consuming but they are the focus points of the whole mess

Quote Originally Posted by Tenia View Post
    I love it, so neat and so much details. The shades of black are top.
    Merci Tenia I would have loved putting more details but the deadline was short ... As it is a B&W map, I had to play with shades and it was not easy, I'm glad it came out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Really enjoyed seeing this one come together. It's an incredible piece.
    Thanks you kindly Lady Pea Sharing pieces on twitter helped me go through it, thanks for retweeting some

Great to see this guy completed after watching snatches of it on Twitter! It's an amazing composition. I like all the little details and styling - it's like some heavy metal Marvel universe space explosion!

My favorite is still that little dragon, perched on his mountaintop with his wings up to stake a bold claim.

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Great to see this guy completed after watching snatches of it on Twitter! It's an amazing composition. I like all the little details and styling - it's like some heavy metal Marvel universe space explosion!

My favorite is still that little dragon, perched on his mountaintop with his wings up to stake a bold claim.
    Thanks Joseph, the interest you shown about this project on Twitter is something that helped me go through the 90-hours-in-one-month ordeal That dark Walt Simonson vibe is a real compliment, thanks for this ! And I love that dragon too

Guild Novice

Default Reminds me of...

I get a Fallen Enchantress vide from the premise of this map. Really cool!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast