Thread: June / July '18 Lite Challenge: Map a Trip or Journey!

Default June / July '18 Lite Challenge: Map a Trip or Journey!

June / July '18 Lite Challenge: Map a Trip or Journey! June 13th until end of day July 14th

This months Challenge is to create a map that shows a TRIP or JOURNEY. It could be as simple as mapping the route you took on your latest vacation, as complex as mapping out Lewis & Clark's expedition. It could be a real Exploration such as Leif Erikson's northern passage to America, or it could be a fictional one like The Journey to the Center of the Earth (this would be cool as it comes with it's own sound track Rick Wakeman: Journey to the Center of the Earth ) It could be world spanning like Magellan's voyage or very local if you map your route to work. Anyway, you are the most creative bunch of cartographer's around, Do Your Magic!

Win a silver compass, they are shiny!

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of July, (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Silver Compass, make it yours!

As usual, title your threads: "June / July '18 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.
    Come on now, you know you want to do this!!

I myself am leaving on a journey and will be out of touch from June 14th until June 23rd. If you have any issues while I am gone I am sure that one of the other fantastic Community Leaders can assist you.

Now live on Flinders Island in the Bass Strait between mainland Australia and Tasmania (40deg lat)
    Blog Entries

I will definitely be in this. I have in mind the"Idle Days on the River Yann" by Dunsany, or else the journey of the "TRhe Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath" by Lovecraft.
    "To imagine is to be human; to be human is to imagine. We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by qwalker View Post
    I will definitely be in this. I have in mind the"Idle Days on the River Yann" by Dunsany, or else the journey of the "TRhe Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath" by Lovecraft.
    Sounds intriguing.

AAAAND I'm off on my great adventure journey! Have fun everyone while I'm gone!!
    Last edited by Bogie; 06-14-2018 at 12:05 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Have fun, Master Bogie!

OK, last minute warning, time to finish up, or to jump in with a new entry!

The Challenge will end tonight in about 15 hours.

Nice work everyone!

Oh, and a couple quick pictures from my recent "journey":
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4445.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	4.82 MB 
ID:	108572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3806.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	4.51 MB 
ID:	108573