Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: City of Kingkel

So detailed...I love it! Stunning work as usual

The detail of this map amazes me, the fact that you have added in people in the streets brings this city to life. Most maps don’t include people and can often look deserted but by adding in the people to the streets the city comes to life and the viewer can almost hear the bustle of the city.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It seems to me that I already praised your work on this one... but it's so beautiful, I can do it again without hesitation : So beautiful, so precise, so detailed : it's mindblowing !!!!
    Congratulations !

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    So detailed...I love it! Stunning work as usual
    Aww, thanks a lot Francesca !!

Quote Originally Posted by kitester View Post
    The detail of this map amazes me, the fact that you have added in people in the streets brings this city to life. Most maps don’t include people and can often look deserted but by adding in the people to the streets the city comes to life and the viewer can almost hear the bustle of the city.
    Thank you Kitester ! It was the chance of a long phone call, with my hand autonomously starting to draw those tiny people, but it's a "happy accident", isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    It seems to me that I already praised your work on this one... but it's so beautiful, I can do it again without hesitation : So beautiful, so precise, so detailed : it's mindblowing !!!!
    Congratulations !
    Un grand merci, Jo !! I'm sure it will remain one of my favorite maps ever : 'was such a pleasure to work on it !

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Hmm... It the second time someone tell me something like this about my colors (the first time was about Middle Earth I think), even if I calibrated my screens between the two comments... On my screens, the map is pretty saturated with a good contrast, so I wonder where is the problem ? If someone can help, I would be really grateful !
    And... thanks a lot for the kind words, and for the rep aswell !! ^^
    I'm sorry, I did not see this question before now!

I honestly don't think it is a problem, it's just a matter of personal taste. As my Earthsea map demonstrates, I just really like dark colors in general. So please, in no way should you feel like you're doing something wrong! Your maps are absolutely beautiful. I'd just love to see you try a very dark color scheme sometime.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Hey Guild !

For those who, like me, work especially in a digital way for maps, it's a rare pleasure to see our work going from digital to physical. As some of you know, I recently opened an Inprnt shop where I share some of my maps, and as I was ordering some fantastic stuff by J.Edward I took the occasion to get my own Kingkel map. It arrived a couple of days ago, but I suddenly had a though maybe I could share with you this different view of the map. Some of you enjoyed the WIP thread, so here is the new step on the Kingkel's journey

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingkel_Printed_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	644.9 KB 
ID:	111641

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingkel_Printed2_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	710.2 KB 
ID:	111643

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Awesome! I'm glad you got to see it that way, it looks fantastic on paper

Those look nice printed. I have printed a couple of my fine art pieces but so far have not done so on my maps.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Hey Misty, thanks for that informative post about Inprnt! I'm considering setting my shop there, so your experience with the prints is very helpful.

City of Kingkel looks gorgeous when printed out, I'm still staring at the photos you uploaded

The print quality looks great.
    Now you got me thinking I should order a few of my own maps.
    And maybe pick up a few of your too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast