Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: City of Kingkel

Those photos are wonderful! Thanks for sharing them with us.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Awesome! I'm glad you got to see it that way, it looks fantastic on paper
    Thanks Gidde !
    It's fun to think my clients are more accustomed than me to seeing my maps printed. I often proceed to small printing tests to check smaller linework and labels readability, but it's not the same ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Those look nice printed. I have printed a couple of my fine art pieces but so far have not done so on my maps.
    Thanks Jax !!
    You should give a try, because it changes the eye you have on your own work. It's especially useful to scale better icons and labels on regular maps. I'm always surprised to see how different it is on screen and paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Shall Teclex View Post
    Hey Misty, thanks for that informative post about Inprnt! I'm considering setting my shop there, so your experience with the prints is very helpful.

City of Kingkel looks gorgeous when printed out, I'm still staring at the photos you uploaded
    Haha, thanks Shall !
    I'm really pleased with the print and paper quality. It's maybe slighthly, very slightly darker than what I had in mind, but maybe it's my screen calibration too.
    Voted for you on InPRNT ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    The print quality looks great.
    Now you got me thinking I should order a few of my own maps.
    And maybe pick up a few of your too.
    Hehe, thanks J. !
    The print quality is very great, and I'm extremely happy since the map was designed in 300dpi A3 and I ordered it in A2 : even with the magnifying glass and a perfectionist eye, the quality is great : that's a good surprise

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Those photos are wonderful! Thanks for sharing them with us.
    You're welcome, ChickPea ! It's good to see this map living its life out of the screen ^^

Great pictures indeed

It's very detailed! How long did it take?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great pictures indeed
    Thanks Ilanthar !!

Quote Originally Posted by Airzae View Post
    It's very detailed! How long did it take?
    Glad you love it, Airzae, and by the way, welcome to the Guild !
    The map took around 200 hours. Maybe a little more.

I never commented on this? Does my mind fill me in with events that haven't happened? Anyway, I adore this astounding work of art. It's my go-to for inspiration on city maps, along with Akae's work. Looking at it again, there's lots of hidden details... I hadn't noticed the ruins of the old wall before.
    Last edited by MapMappingMapped; 11-28-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    I never commented on this? Does my mind fill me in with events that haven't happened? Anyway, I adore this astounding work of art. It's my go-to for inspiration on city maps, along with Akae's work. Looking at it again, there's lots of hidden details... I hadn't noticed the ruins of the old wall before.
    Haha, that weird Kingkel has several threads open : WIP, Finished map and Cartographer's choice, so you probably commented here somewhere else ^^
    But I take the compliment with the bigger pleasure : thank you ! And yes, many, many hidden details everywhere. There's even a house with beehives and my (long) dog in the garden, if you can find it

Oh yeah I just found my message on the CC thread...
    I have to give up on finding the dog, from the distance I wouldn't tell, I think... But I think, though of course it might not be so, I have found a squadron in training on a fortification?

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Oh yeah I just found my message on the CC thread...
    I have to give up on finding the dog, from the distance I wouldn't tell, I think... But I think, though of course it might not be so, I have found a squadron in training on a fortification?
    Hehe, yes, nice catch !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingkel_CloseViewMMM_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	111721

Guild Apprentice

Loving this map, so real, and so "period" authetic.
    Although I have one question.... who lives to the southwest that all the most modern defences have been put on that side... or is it that the north side is just not finished yet?!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast