Thread: Fantasy City Maps Needed

Guild Novice

Post Fantasy City Maps Needed

Introduction: Hello Cartographers! I am a new member to these forms but I have been browsing for a couple years now. I am requesting a couple city maps to be made for my personal D&D campaign (Using Roll20) and am willing to pay for services if needed.

I don't know all that much about fair pricing or technical specifications about maps so any help there will be appreciated as well.

Maps to be made: I have 2 specific maps needed to be made at the moment. Both maps are in a Fantasy world with a setting similar to Feudal/Sengoku Jidai (or Warring States Period) China or Japan.

1-- The first item I need is a detailed and colored map of a large Magic City set on a a large river called the Souls River. I would like the map to include specific features to make it appear as if it as city that uses magic from its very foundation. The city itself rests mostly along and over the river *fixated to magic and water resistant pillars.* - This is the more readily needed of the 2.

2-- The second map needed is a map of the Imperial City. featured with a large noticeable pagoda-like castle structure resting on one side of the city overlooking. This is also set next to another river which leads to the ocean.

Quality & Size:
    I would like to discuss with you about the specifics required for each map, since this is the first time I have worked with commissioning a map for use.

Time Costraints:
    I don't have a strict time-table, however I would like the maps to be ready in an expedient fashion. The first map has higher priority to be done quicker as it will be shown and used first.

Copyright:
    I will be using this map for my personal project and do not care if the map is reused or otherwise posted elsewhere by the author.

Contacts:
    If you want to contact us to receive more details or to provide us your estimate please contact me at: tvermillion@theoris.com (checked more) or mtvextreme1998@yahoo.com
    Please use [MAP] as a prefix to your email subject or it could get lost in spam.

You may also post here, although I may not be as active here as I would be receiving an email from the first one posted.

Guild Novice

Update: The 2nd map is no longer needed. A friend of mine had made a map several months back that fit what I was aiming for. However, I am still accepting applications for the first map stated. Thanks in advance!

I've sent you an email. As well as the maps I sent you, I'd also point you towards my [m]April thread (which I forgot to do in the email): it has a lot of recent work in a variety of styles: click here.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Guild Novice

As requested I will provide a few more specific details on what I know and believe I desire for the map.

The overall architecture of the map is a mix between magical fantasy and a feudal Japanese/Chinese. The map should be of a decent size and detail as it will be depicting the 2nd largest city for this setting. As stated above it will be full color and will have more of a "magical" feeling about it. What I mean by this is a few things. One the river on which the city sits, The River of Souls, is actually a river enriched with powerful arcane energy making its color to be a vibrant light-sky-blue and seems to in a sense glow with energy. The buildings and walls themselves are lined with a mixture of that same blue and violet runes to help ward potential criminals and invaders as well as functioning for other practical reasons.

The commoner part of city itself sits most along the banks of the river, however there are several (3 or 4) wealthier districts that sit on "disks" which hang over top the river connected by a series of magically enshrined stone bridges. Each district will serve a particular purpose of which I will lay out to whomever eventually takes the commission.

I want the map to have enough detail to wow my players yet it doesn't have to be super "over the top." As such I am unfamiliar with how large the map will have to be to still have good detail without going overboard with size. I am up to your discretion with the size and will be more than happy to discuss these specific details to allow you to determine what will work.

Overall however, I am going to let the map maker have their own creative freedom when designing and coloring the map and only stating things I would like and allowing them to come up with how they feel it should be done. I will provide example artwork I have found to help portray where my inspiration came from to who takes the commission.

If any of you want more details please inform me of what you would like for me to answer and I'll reply to the best of my ability.

Guild Novice

I would like to thank everyone who responded and was interested in my project! I have chosen a Cartographer for the job. I have sent all applicants a personal email in response to if they were chosen or not. This thread can now be marked as Taken and thanks once again to everyone who offered to help!