Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dasada, economic powerhouse of the orient

Map Dasada, economic powerhouse of the orient

This is part of my tidally locked world, the Strand.

Located on the lux coast of the Farer ocean, Dasada is a large peninsula with numerous islands surrounding it. The lux border is defined by the Oriental highlands. Dasada’s mainland is a raised plateau under the mountains. It enjoys year-round illumination with the only shade sometimes coming from the lux mountains. Dasada is a trade empire with strong expansionist tendencies in the last decades. Especially Garafold in the nox is strongly opposed to this and has pressured the island nation of Quila located between them to enforce a largely unsuccessful trade blockade. Overseas trade is mainly located at the capital in the orient, and the entire Occidental coast is one port city after another. The extremely fertile valley below the mountains is the economic and agricultural powerhouse of Dasada where thousands of people toil in the perpetual sunlight to produce food and trade goods which make it all around the globe.

Note: North is lux, south is nox, east is orient, west is occident.
    I have been developing my method for this method for ages, let me know what you think!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	7.80 MB 
ID:	107133

I'm a big fan of such atlas style maps and I like yours a lot! The subtle shading for the mountains looks very good and convincing.
    It's just a bit irritating, that there is such a difference between the clear and sharp lines of the labels and the quite pixellated rest of the map. I think it works just fine with the coastlines and the contour lines, but not so much with the streets.

I would share Neyasha comment : it's a very great map, the style and colors are perfect, but blurry and aliased lines makes me sad

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Very interesting to have a tidally locked world, and it's a great map! I do agree with Neyasha and MistyBeee, although I didn't notice the aliased lines at first.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Is there a WIP thread? What did you use to make the terrain? Interesting concept.

Cool! Do you have a thread somewhere on the tidally locked world? I am interested in looking at how the tidal locking influenced your geology.

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late reply. I share your feelings about the pixelation, I'm using a different method now.
    If you want to check out the process I made a post on Reddit with a tutorial. My name there is u/caledor123.
    I won't be able to make any maps for quite some time but I'll consider making a WIP thread the next time I start a map.
    Again, I appreciate your comments!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

I hadn't considered using reddit to post my cartographic adventures. Interesting thought.

Guild Expert

This looks great, I really love you’re style but I haven’t been able to find you’re tutorial on reddit, would you mind posting a link because I’m not getting any result when I type that name in the search.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldbuildi...ient_tutorial/

the top comment has my tutorial linked.
    Here's the link separately:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p6Y...ew?usp=sharing
    Reddit is great for sharing, i get lots of feedback and comments, especially on r/worldbuilding

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast