Thread: Fantasy World Map

Post Fantasy World Map

Hello, I've created a vague world map using hexographer and would like someone with actual skill (unlike me) to make a world map using that.
    I need a world map and a map with greater detail of a specific region, as the first "act" is to happen there (unless you already make the world map in such crazy detail that all I need to do is scroll in).
    The map is supposed to be used in Roll20 for DnD, so a fantasy style would probably fit the best.
    I can pay if needed, I would use Paypal for that, range up to 30 €.

Edit:
    Due to the responses I got so far I have decided to scrap the original request.
    As to not spam the forum I make the new request here in the form of an Edit.
    Instead of a whole world map I would like to request a single map of a continent.
    Just topography, no cities, no buildings, no roads, just landmarks, rivers, forests and other stuff I am probably currently not considering. European climate
    Payment can be done and is now without limit, but has to be agreed upon first, method is still paypal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	107962  
    Last edited by Ozzy; 06-25-2018 at 11:56 AM.

If I may, the amount you are proposing is quite small. For example, what task would you agree to complete for 30 € ? How long would you work for 30 € ? Cartography is a pretty time consuming activity and drawing a map with a little variety of biomes, even in a simple black and white style would take several hours.

Those are just my two euro cents

Aye, what he said... As for myself, a map that size and detailed in a fantasy style (that for me means actually free-hand drawn even if I do work digitally) would be easily 30-40 hours of work. Can't of course speak for my fellow artists, maybe some of the fine folks here work faster than I do. But in my case, a tall order to assume that I'd be up for doing that kind of work for 1€/hour or even less.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I have to concurr with my two colleagues here. Depending on the level of detail you're looking for just one of the two maps you're asking for can take everywhere from 25 to 50 hours (specifically saying 50 'cause that was the longest I've needed so far). 30€ would probably buy you the decorated frame on one of the map, or the pure b&w landmass outline. Sorry mate.

Thank you everyone for your answers. It seems I have grossly underestimated the work one would have with this map.
    Last edited by Ozzy; 06-25-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    Aye, what he said... As for myself, a map that size and detailed in a fantasy style (that for me means actually free-hand drawn even if I do work digitally) would be easily 30-40 hours of work. Can't of course speak for my fellow artists, maybe some of the fine folks here work faster than I do. But in my case, a tall order to assume that I'd be up for doing that kind of work for 1€/hour or even less.
    I can do certain map styles very fast. I do take OCCASIONAL small map commissions in that range if it's the kind of job that'll take me a few hours. Sure, some maps are those many many many hour long ones, but not all. In three hours I could have the coast lineart, texture, text, stock decorations and stamp map done. It's when I start doing custom cities and symbol sets, fancy compasses or frames that time really starts to get chewed up. The most basic map goes outline, outline "echo", texture... that's an hour or so, and then a couple of hours spent fussing with text and stamps.

But yeah, actual freehand custom stuff is a lot more time consuming.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!