Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Salt Harbour Map

Absolutely beautiful. Love the style, and the fields are so well done. Looked at your website too, really nice work. Keep up the inspirational pieces!

What an uncommon and refreshing art style for your map! Do you perhaps have any further drawn of the surrounding landscape, just to provide further context to the harbour/city?

Guild Apprentice

Looking great! The map feels very medieval in both concept and execution in the sense that decorativeness and symbolism is the principal concern, not proportion and perspective, or any sense of realism. Very retro! Of course a ship moored at the docks should have its sails unfurled if it looks better that way; of course an important building far to the back should be huge.

I'm totaly agree with previous comments.
    I love the style, the colors, all...
    -- Maps and Watercolor --

In french :
    Mon tipeee : come and support my work
    https://mondelys.wordpress.com/ : Here I write and I draw the Encyclopedia of Lys
    https://manaearth.wordpress.com/ : Discover the table rpg Mana Earth

Absolutely gorgeous work! The piece has so many unique elements, shapes, colours and all in all everything works so wonderfully together! Great work!

This is as spectacular as it is original and creative !
    Thanks a lot for posting it here (tbh, I've already admired it). I'm gonna second my fellow guilders here : please post more and don't forget to sign your work .

PS : I'm even more flattered by your kind comment about my map, now.

Beautiful, stunning, bright!!
    A masterpiece!!
    Great work Serena. And I checked your website, your art is magnificent. I like your colors.
    Please post more

Guild Novice

What an uncommon and refreshing art style for your map! Do you perhaps have any further drawn of the surrounding landscape, just to provide further context to the harbour/city?
    I don't unfortunately. But I'm starting a big project that will connect a lot of my personal work, and I really want to revisit this map and its place in the world I've created.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Looking great! The map feels very medieval in both concept and execution in the sense that decorativeness and symbolism is the principal concern, not proportion and perspective, or any sense of realism. Very retro! Of course a ship moored at the docks should have its sails unfurled if it looks better that way; of course an important building far to the back should be huge.
    Thank you! I take a lot of inspiration from medieval artwork, especially how they abstract buildings and perspective. I'm glad you think it works well in this context. Obviously throwing perspective out the window isn't an option for all of my work, but I really tried to get the *feel* of the region rather than its exact representation.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

I've been looking at a lot of medieval artwork lately and this looks like it came straight out of a very old tome. Amazing work!

There's some kind of naïve feeling coming from your magnificent map, a childish vibe. It makes me think of some Zelda views that left me a magical sense of wonder. Congratulation on producing a real gem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast